Author Topic: Exported map, objects won't show up in-game  (Read 2915 times)

Offline LittleBlackMoon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Exported map, objects won't show up in-game
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:03:31 am »
Heyo!

Today I exported a map and when I checked it out in game some of the objects were not showing up. I searched the topic up and I read some things that I thought would fix the issue, like going into object maker and loading the item that wouldn't export and exporting it again. The things that wouldn't show up are the snow fir tree in MyTrees, the tall fir trees 1,2,3 in MyTrees, rocks in MyRocks, and some plants. Please help if you know what to do! If not, I will use the trees that did show up, the ones I had downloaded.

:) Thanks!

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Exported map, objects won't show up in-game
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:22:28 am »
Make sure the default stuff is included in your objects and my_objects folder, it's a little odd, but sometimes the meshes aren't in those folders, when everything is exported with the map it takes the items from those folders and exports them with the map file.

Just check if they're in those folders, if not move them there, that should be the only thing stopping them from showing up, as far as my understanding goes.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 07:52:01 am »
When you tried reexporting the objects in question through Object Maker, did you export them to the groups they originally came with? If so, don't, this can cause further problems if the vanilla files are changed in any way, so export them to their own groups. I might of gone over this with you before but just in case I didn't, you can replace objects in a map easily by editing the .cfg files in the map's folder under FeralHeart > media > terrains (if you remember the method I talked about in removing the fog particle from your map you can use the same method by altering names in the map's object.cfg).

And, make sure you export your map again after having reexported the objects just to refresh things.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:46:56 pm »
Head to ObjectMaker, load the object you want to see it and export it to its own group.
If this doesn't work, check your "objects" folder and see if you have MyPlants.fho, MyRocks.fho and MyTrees.fho. If so, delete them.
Also, try manually copying the .fho files that contain the missing objects from your "objects" folder into your "exports" folder.

Another solution: Go to your "terrains" folder and delete the folder that has the map name you created. After that, re-download the map.
I'm afraid that the map won't load at all and it would be gone if you do that.

I am not really experienced in this area, but I hope these solutions will work out for you!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:56:27 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 08:33:06 pm »
One BIG reason why I think objects are not showing for you when you enter your map after exporting is because you might have saved some custom objects/installed objects into the default FeralHeart object groups.

If this is the case, you must always save your custom objects into it's own obejct group in order for them to show for you.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline LittleBlackMoon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 04:40:50 am »
One BIG reason why I think objects are not showing for you when you enter your map after exporting is because you might have saved some custom objects/installed objects into the default FeralHeart object groups.

If this is the case, you must always save your custom objects into it's own object group in order for them to show for you.

I reinstalled the feralheart 1.15 version to fix everything. I no longer have any custom files in the default groups, but when I exported it again the same objects did not show up. :/

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 11:45:45 am »
You might want to make a backup before trying this, but...

The best way to avoid any problems of this sort is to actually go to Object Maker, load up the objects you are using one by one, and save them to their own object group. I usually just save them under a group with the same name as the map, and then the "-Objects" suffix. Ex: if the map was Temple -> TempleObjects
It's easier if you leave all the actual Object Names the same.

Now, you can go through media>terrains>Temple (or whatever your map is actually named) and open TempleObjects.cfg (or again, whatever your map is actually named, "-Objects.cfg").

Inside is a list of all placed objects and their location, and each section is headed with the syntax of
[ObjectGroup/ObjectName]

Use Ctrl + H (or go to Edit... -> Replace)
Replace the old Object Group name(s) with your new one.

Save that, relaunch the game, load up the map, and export it then.
With everything in it's own group, you might have more luck.

Offline LittleBlackMoon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 01:56:58 am »
You might want to make a backup before trying this, but...

The best way to avoid any problems of this sort is to actually go to Object Maker, load up the objects you are using one by one, and save them to their own object group. I usually just save them under a group with the same name as the map, and then the "-Objects" suffix. Ex: if the map was Temple -> TempleObjects
It's easier if you leave all the actual Object Names the same.

Now, you can go through media>terrains>Temple (or whatever your map is actually named) and open TempleObjects.cfg (or again, whatever your map is actually named, "-Objects.cfg").

Inside is a list of all placed objects and their location, and each section is headed with the syntax of
[ObjectGroup/ObjectName]

Use Ctrl + H (or go to Edit... -> Replace)
Replace the old Object Group name(s) with your new one.

Save that, relaunch the game, load up the map, and export it then.
With everything in it's own group, you might have more luck.

Thanks! It worked!!

Offline LittleBlackMoon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 01:57:31 am »
Alright guys, I appreciate you trying to help me, but the problem is solved now!!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 02:28:12 am »
I'll lock up your thread since your issue was fixed. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.