Author Topic: Problem With Preset Sync according to Other players  (Read 1518 times)

Offline ClanHyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Problem With Preset Sync according to Other players
« on: June 15, 2017, 11:41:00 pm »
My problem is: I just downloaded Preset Sync today, installed it etc. First thing I notice is that all of my presets in the forum of .fhp are gone, but that's not a big deal and that's not why I am posting here. I have uploaded my preset in the preset #7 folder. Other players keep seeing my old #7 preset. I deleted it before i made my current one. So other players see the WRONG preset! I deleted all the contents of the #7 preset folder and then replaced it with my new preset. I then exported it again, and uploaded it to the preset up-loader for Preset sync. I have deleted the preset 7 .fhp and re-exported it and then re-uploaded it to the preset sync multiple times, every time completely re-logging into feral heart (closing it down completely before opening and running it again) so the game could refresh. But even when i have done all that, other player Still see the old preset? I have given it time, as well, so i don't think its because they haven't refreshed their games because i have waited a while so i would know its not that?
Could someone with aces to the main files of the presets in the preset sync for the game delete all the ClanHyena Presets from the preset sync so i can re-upload my preset without any of my other presets 'interfering' with it? Please?

Please and thank you!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Problem With Preset Sync according to Other players
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 12:29:00 am »
After installing the sync, there shouldn't be any files in the "presets" folder anymore, I believe. Yours should be in "private presets"

In order for people to see the updated version of your preset, THEY have to restart their FH, not you. This is because every time one starts up their FH, the preset sync goes through and adds (or deletes) any new/changed files into their "public presets" folder. So since the other people didn't restart, nothing in their "public presets" folder has updated yet

Yet, I do believe the sync is slow at updating replaced files, so in the meantime you could manually give files to those you want to see the correct preset
Farewell everyone<3

Offline ClanHyena

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 01:23:19 am »
I have given it time, as well, so i don't think its because they haven't refreshed their games because i have waited a while so i would know its not that?

Anyway, Thank you! I will see if its still acting out tomorrow and get back here!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 02:37:46 am »
i found the synch' still gives out a preset i changed weeks ago...  Let us know how soon yours is updated.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline ClanHyena

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 03:49:42 pm »
i found the synch' still gives out a preset i changed weeks ago...  Let us know how soon yours is updated.

It appears that FH has eaten my current  #7 .fhp and replaced it with the old one still. The old one used to actually show up for ME but now its just the old on e showing up when i go to select my character. I have exported my current #7 preset multiple times again still and i dont get any changing results? Should i just move everything to a separate mt_presets folder? i mean like change the preset number?

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 06:20:40 am »

It appears that FH has eaten my current  #7 .fhp and replaced it with the old one still. The old one used to actually show up for ME but now its just the old on e showing up when i go to select my character. I have exported my current #7 preset multiple times again still and i dont get any changing results? Should i just move everything to a separate mt_presets folder? i mean like change the preset number?
I take the old .fhp out of every folder it's in and then exporting works.

My main character, Gui, has switched to the old version once, but it fixed itself on its own soon after starting.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:23:54 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.