Author Topic: ~;.Amnesia.;~ [Open & Accepting!~]  (Read 35533 times)

Offline crystwolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • ..............blep
    • Loppyr
    • Loptrrino swass
    • View Profile
Re: ~;.Amnesia.;~ [Open & Accepting!~]
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2013, 05:43:50 am »

Scarlette nodded and continued walking, then stopped when Luke turned. She gave a small smile and waved her hand dismissively. "No, it's fine. I was just suggesting, since it was going to be dark." She glanced up at the sky again. The words were a half-truth...Yes, she was truly tired, but it would hold the whole group back. She scratched the back of her neck and pulled her hood up.

Rak raised a brow at Luke's sudden change in his tone, mouth already itching to spill forth clever taunts and insults. However, he kept it in check and idly wandered around the group, subconsciously moving towards Apitre. "What's up with those two?"

Siggy & Avatar drawn by me.

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Only God can heal my broken wings and set me free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2013, 02:46:54 am »

Surprise jolted through Apitre, causing her to slightly jump at the sudden sound of Raz's voice. Her eyes flickered momentarily to him as if she was reassuring herself that it was truly him and not a stranger. When she had confirmed that she was not mistaken, her mind focused on answering his question without offending him once again. Assuming he was speaking of Luke and Scarlette, she tossed a glance in their direction, noting how Luke attempted to subtly slow his pace so that he was almost walking next to the white-haired girl. A tiny smile blossomed on her lips, but it quickly disappeared when Jinx twisted around to narrow his eyes at her. He jerked his head in a gesture for her to walk next to him, but she ignored the obvious command.

"Maybe Luke feels safe with Scarlette," Apitre hesitantly commented, not sure what else to say. She shrugged. "I've heard of some people secretly latching onto certain individuals." A slight frown tugged at her face. "Their relationship is strange though. It's almost as if he's afraid to be nice to her."

~*~

I can't believe that psychopath is talking to my sister, Jinx thought, the very idea causing him to bristle as his hands balled up into tight fists. He cast a dark glare behind him in the direction of the boy, hoping to catch his eye. However, he quickly focused his attention ahead of him again, not wanting to crash into anything. He had enough wounds, and he didn't need to hurt himself even more. Apitre would crash dead of a heart attack if he pulled himself any further into danger's arms.

Jinx waited for a few moments until Raz had stopped talking before he glanced back and caught his sister's eyes. Jerking his head at her, he launched the familiar gesture, silently ordering her to catch up with him and walk next to his side so that he could keep an eye on her. However, to his slight shock and anger, she purposely turned her head towards Raz and started speaking to him.

Frustration and an overwhelming sense of fury pounded into him, and he shoved his hands into his pockets, itching to lash out and slug the psychopath before he could respond to Apitre. How dare she treat him that way?! Had she already forgotten the long years he had spent taking care of her? She knew very well that he only wished for the best for her, but who was she to think that she could care for herself? She was at such a young age, too young to fend for herself. To abandon her would be breaking the promise he made to his parents. He ground his teeth in disgust at the soft tone she was using with Raz, as if she was afraid she would scare him off. It would be best for everyone if the guy did run off.

((I'll respond for Luke tomorrow.))

Click image to view my art gallery.

Offline crystwolf

• ..............blep
    • Loppyr
    • Loptrrino swass
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2013, 06:42:39 am »

He stared back at Jinx when the other boy gave him a glare, but quickly caught on to what was happening and simply smirked back, tilting his chin up slightly in an arrogant gesture that practically yelled 'What are you going to do about it?'. He returned his attention to Apitre when Jinx looked back to the front, and his smirk faded to an expression of confusion. Scarlette...That's her name? He thought silently, staring at the white haired girl. The name sounded familiar, but he couldn't remember. Damned that explosion. He looked doan at the floor. "So, it's like love?" He mumbled, boots dragging on the pavement once more.

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2013, 02:09:39 am »

Luke stared hard at Scarlette's hooded figure, as if he would be able to read the depths of his soul if he looked long enough. Uncertainty teased him, and he restrained a huff, not sure whether to believe her or not. "If you say so," he slowly said, turning forward just in time to barely avoid tripping over a chunk of charred, silver metal. He glared at it before stepping around, mumbling, "Just speak up when you get too tired." He shot a sharp glance at her. "We can't have you passing out on the way. Then one of us will have to carry you."

~*~

Apitre blinked, suddenly uncomfortable for no reason. She really hadn't thought of it that way. "Well," she stammered, "it's rather early to tell, but you could be right." She sneaked another glance at Luke and Scarlette, but they were no longer walking side by side. The black-haired boy had wandered a little in front of Scarlette, and his shoulders seemed tight and rigid. Wondering what had caused it, Apitre longed to read his facial expression in hopes of interpreting it, but his back was towards her. Frustration nibbled at her, but she inwardly shook it off.

Scraping noises brought Apitre back to the broken world around her, and she glanced around for the source of the noise. She quickly pinpointed it to Raz's boots, which were being dragged along the pavement as though they were reluctant to move forward with him. "Do you always do that?" she asked out of curiosity. "Walk like that?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:11:18 am by CoffeeAddict »

Offline crystwolf

• ..............blep
    • Loppyr
    • Loptrrino swass
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2013, 12:31:00 pm »

He nodded at the reply, staring at Luke and Scarlette. His head jerked up when Apitre spoke, and he gave a quick glance to her before looking down at his boots. "I don't know," He muttered, still dragging them along the road, watching the small pebbles and stones get kicked away. "It's probably a habit." He added, cocking his head to the side like a curious cat as he continued to stare at the road. He never really noticed that he seemed to always drag his shoes on the ground as though his legs had no strength at all.

"I won't..." She mumbled, fixing her gaze on the charred metal. "Won't pass out, I mean." She added quickly, glancing up at Luke. She shoved her hands into her pocket as she looked forwards, steps faltering slightly when something brushed her hand. Confusion etched on her face, she wrapped a hand around the object in her pocket and pulled it out, staring at it. It was something small and oddly white, too white, save for some blood at the tip. It took a moment of her staring at it to realize it was a tooth. Her ruby eyes widened and she nearly let go of it. The end wasn't like a cat's or dog's tooth, it was even, as though it was blunt before and somebody had sharpened it. The first thing that came to her mind was a human's tooth, but she shook that thought away. That would be absolutely silly. She stopped staring only when her shoe accidentally kicked a flat piece of rock.

(The tooth is actually Scarlette's, and the blood is hers as well. o3o)

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2013, 03:42:00 pm »

A smirk slipped along Luke's mouth at Scarlette's response. "Nah, I'm sure you won't," he laughed, but it was impossible to tell whether sarcasm dripped from his words or not. Noticing she had grown very quiet, he glanced at her to see that she was staring wide-eyed at something in her hand. Curiosity poked at him, and he stepped a little closer to her, trying to peer past her fingers. He caught a glimpse of something white and oddly shaped. "The heck is that?" he snorted, trying to take it from her for a  better look.

~*~

Apitre watched Raz for a little longer before turning back to the front. "I've never met anyone with a habit like that," she mumbled, scratching her arm and inwardly wincing when her fingernails accidentally raked across her cut. She immediately dropped her hand back to her side, slowly rubbing the flecks of blood onto her jeans. "The soles of your shoes probably get worn out quickly." A small smile slipped onto her face as she traced her sweater sleeves before adding, "The sleeves of all my sweaters get all twisted because I yank at them so much. It's terrible." 

Offline crystwolf

• ..............blep
    • Loppyr
    • Loptrrino swass
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2013, 04:47:20 pm »

The corners of his mouth twitched up into a little smile and he let out a small laugh without knowing. "I guess we are both strange, then." He took a glance at her sleeves. "I've never met someone who had a habit of yanking their sleeves, either." Now he stopped dragging his feet and started walking properly, feet clear off the ground with every step.

She glanced at Luke, tensing slightly. "It's nothing." She muttered, not knowing whether she should allow him to see it or not. Guessing that she had nothing to lose, she loosened her grip on the tooth to allow him to take it.

Offline RainbowTea

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2013, 09:22:59 pm »

Luke began to withdraw his hand upon seeing Scarlette's hesitancy, but he felt her fingers relax enough so that he could easily slip the object out of her hand. The blunt edges pressed against his skin, and he cradled the white shape in his palm, staring curiously at it. Traces of red stained various parts of it, and he quickly identified it as blood. A frown pressed onto his face before it quickly wrinkled into worry lines when he realized it was a tooth. "You haven't lost all your baby teeth yet?" he asked incredulously. "How old are you?" He peered at it more closely. "It's a terrible shape for a human tooth. Gosh, what the heck is this?!"

~*~

A chuckle escaped Apitre's mouth before she could catch it, but it felt good to release it. "There's a bit of strangeness in everyone," she said. "That's the best part about people." She glanced down at her sweater sleeves, thinking about folding them up to completely reveal her hands, but her eyes widened at the thought. Adjusting her gaze to the rest of the survivors walking ahead of her, she hesitated before allowing her fingers to peek out a little more so that not just her fingertips were noticeable.

The sounds of surprise caught in Luke's voice captured Apitre's attention, and she focused in on the conversation, but she was too far away to hear. However, she ignored the desire to catch up with him and see what was going on. She rarely found interest in scenes like this, preferring to mind her own business and not mingle in the lives of other people whom she had no desire to know. Often, she would ask Jinx to explain what was going on. She glanced at his tight, rigid shoulders, and she immediately knew he wasn't in the mood to talk to her, especially after the tense moments they had experienced earlier.

Offline crystwolf

• ..............blep
    • Loppyr
    • Loptrrino swass
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2013, 08:02:24 am »

The once-psychopath raised a brow in response, scoffing. "And how would you know that that's mine?" She stared at the tooth intently. "It could even be yours!" She protested, snorting and straightening. Then again...She shut her mouth as to not let Luke see, and ran a tongue over her teeth. A few sharp edges poked the flesh, not enough to pierce, but it was definitely sharp. Suddenly feeling a jolt of panic, she clenched her jaw shut and pretended to simply look at Luke with an accusing face.

He shrugged in response, looking up at Luke and Scarlette as well. He tilted his head in slight confusion and curiosity, as well as to try and see what exactly they were looking at. He could clearly hear Scarlette protesting about something, then suddenly shut up and simply stared at Luke with a face that didn't suit her well. He narrowed his eyes slightly with suspicion but didn't do anything, instead slowing his pace so that he walked slightly behind now, at the same pace as his brother was walking. He stole a glance at the blond, seeing the older sibling smiling slightly as he stared at the ground.

Had his brother just laughed? Decimus couldn't help but smile, blue eyes staring at the ground. Nearly nobody could make Rak'zel laugh- or even smile, and from what he had heard, even the friend that his younger brother had been staying with wasn't successful either. This was a good sign, then. Apitre certainly was something. He shut his eyes in thought for a moment before opening them to focus on the road and walk over a few annoying debris scattered about.

Offline wolfbeat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2013, 02:44:07 pm »
I am withdrawing my chars, Erica and Thalia, from the rp. Thank you, I enjoyed my stay here. ^^))