Author Topic: My idea for a moderator choosing system.  (Read 4601 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: My idea for a moderator choosing system.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 02:14:03 am »
The most efficient way I've found and recently went through is pretty much the same.
I sent in my application, waited less than a day for a reply (they were going through apps that same day, I got lucky.) and we were invited to a Discord server where we literally spent about a month talking and getting to know the staff. I liked this way since it's easy to fake yourself over an application but if you're in voice chat and constantly talking with these people daily usually it's hard to keep up any false bravado. Application processes are really good but I think there should definitely be a lengthy period where a person is just examined.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 7498327429874897428974897239847% this. That is actually a really really good idea! It ties in with the whole trial period, and you also get hands on with the staff to learn some things and how they work. Well, kinda. Nothing too detailed anyway.

And a few ideas on what could be on the application (this does not imply it will, that is up for the staff to decide if a plan like this goes through.)

Of course the age. 16+ only, just as it has always been. Mods younger than that...eh...not exactly really the best.

Should definitely ask if they have gotten in serious trouble in the past few months. And of course staff could check and see if everything they say is truthful.

They should have been on the game at least 6 months. Maybe a year. That may be too low. They should be rather active of course and know things around the game. Don't want any mods that have no ideas.

That's about all I got for that, if any one else can suggest they can!

Offline Admirer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Vee/Vivi/Viv
    • Omphvee
    • Tripodal
    • omphvee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 03:31:27 am »
Typically we tend to ask questions like;
Why do you wanna be a mod, do you have experience in moderating, how many hours would you invest in moderating, etc.
Usually 6 months is a decent amount of time to have been around but people with more time take higher priority (mostly.)
Some applications put in situational questions like, "What would you do to stop an argument between so and so" and stuff like that lol. Those are decent.

on the age requirement, I started moderating when I was 13 and it was kind of a trainwreck. I'd say that some 15 year olds can handle the spot but if they really want it and for the right reasons they'll be okay with waiting a year or however long to apply. 16+ is good. :>
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:33:02 am by Admirer »

signature and icon by me | current characters: Admirer (PLEASE SAY HELLO IF YOU SEE ME!)
my Steam

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 05:02:55 am »
Oh yeah, those are all very good questions. And yeah, the older the more mature sometimes. Sometimes young'uns tend to just want it to want it. If that makes sense. cx

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 06:30:17 am »
Please lock and delete this thread staff. It shows no purpose to the game, just the insane ramblings of an obsessive person.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 11:55:53 am »
Please dont lock and delete this thread. It's quite the innovative idea that is still wide open for discussion, remains relevant, and may someday be implemented. Deleting this would serve no purpose.

You are amazing <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 03:18:24 pm »
Please dont lock and delete this thread. It's quite the innovative idea that is still wide open for discussion, remains relevant, and may someday be implemented. Deleting this would serve no purpose.
^

I agree with Bloo here. I’m not trying to disrespect your request but I do think it’s a discussion worth leaving up.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 09:03:25 pm »
Here's my two cents on this subject:

1. Recruitment
Applying to be a moderator may take place by submitting an official application. Users must be proficient in English, 16 years of age or older, and exhibit mature and responsible behaviour. Sample questions: "What languages do you speak and how fluent are you in each?", "What hours do you find yourself in-game most?", "What do you think sets you apart from the other potential applicants?", "Why do you want to join the staff team?", "Why would we not choose you?", etc.

2. Training & Observation
Before becoming a moderator, potential applicants must go through a training process to make sure they understand the tools at their disposal, and how/when to properly use them. During the MiT/Trial Moderator training process, the recruited users must stay anonymous and names kept private, will have the power to kick (and give bans up to a week in length?). An observation period of around two weeks (or more) happens along with the training. After the observation period is over, the recruited users become unanonymous MiTs/Trial Moderators and they must continue their training to make sure they understand all of the tools at their disposal, and how/when to properly use them.

3. Requirements
- Age 16+
- Proficiency in English
- Mature and responsible behaviour
- Active in-game and on the forum
- All-around good spirits

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 05:11:09 pm »
Upon checking and seeing nobody even really is saying anything, this thread SHOULD be locked. I have no business in mod stuff. Not even suggesting. The staff team here are disgusted with me and i was already told by one of them that this thread was "aggressive" anyway. Of course with it being made by me, they're going to think that as they think I'm literally the worst person on this game.

So please, just lock the thread and delete it. It serves no purpose here.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 05:59:54 am »
The staff team here are disgusted with me and i was already told by one of them that this thread was "aggressive" anyway.
Weird. Sura was nothing but supportive of the subject in this thread.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »
Weird. Morgra found this aggressive. Don't know how the other staff reacted to it. I bet if anyone else would have made this post they'd be all over it. It's as I said. It was me that made it, so most of the staff are probably rolling their eyes and sighing and wishing I would delete my account and never return. Sura is about the only one that ever actually sort of listened to me and didn't see me as just an aggressive and power hungry lunatic like the others did.