Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 163882 times)

Offline lynx77

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2013, 08:41:12 pm »
Alright guys. I am saying this with all due respect to the mods and players opinion. Taking away General was a terrible idea. I am the quiet type on FH. I have tried making a group several times mostly warrior clans. The only way I got members was to advertise in General. Even then my clans were small. I have no way to advertise now. Movies. Yes the movies but I can not fit all the necessary info when advertising for a group. It cuts it off. I could also say find me at Stone-bridge in local, but not everyone on the map hears that. Ok now listen to this. Local: Is for Role-playing. General: advertising. Group: Is only within your group. Party: Not everyone hears this. You chose who you want to be in it. Whisper: Personal message to one player. General was the only chat that could be heard everywhere! Sometimes I chatted in General because I as bored and there were no good RP's. I can't now. Oh and everyone though movie spam was bad? You should see it now! I have a had time finding a group now because there is no General and my computer can't find the movie. Anyway, Thanks for listening, bye.                

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:04:00 pm by airianna mcguire »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2013, 09:04:50 pm »
But a couple people told me if you post in General you can get banned...I'm not sure if that's true or not. (Everyone seems so engrossed in this situation, I don't understand how you all are saying so much about it...not to be mean or anything).
You will not get banned when you speak in General, it will come out as local. And also....

c:

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2013, 09:25:16 pm »
I kinda wonder why is everyone generally bothering with general-rp adds and recruiting rather than other stuff like the thing that you can ask questions in general and there will be at least one person there answering it to you, far faster than other options. Like how it was said before, you get lost in south pole, etc. Yet everyone rather bothers about their rp's.
Information is spreading faster with general, it commonly kills boredom. Yet everyone rather complains about how their rp will get new recruits ;D
Hehe, and aye Lion/WolfQueen, I could say the same about you too. <3
But for now my only reaction to this will be: moving to smaller maps (Bonfireless-bonfire island)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:28:44 pm by Vessan »

Offline marzishadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Tumble Mouse
    • View Profile
    • Marzi's DeviantArt
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2013, 09:32:50 pm »
In my opinion I don't think this was a good idea, when I heard about this from another source I immediately thought about how hard it would be to recruit for private mapped role plays. I understand movie clips are an option but now all we will be seeing is movie clip after movie clip in public maps, I'm not sure how many people bother to watch those anyway and last I checked there wasn't a lot of word space. So hopefully General chat will come back some time, it used to be a very useful tool in recruiting in game.
? Proud Scorpio  ?

Marzi, The Tumble Mouse

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 10:22:01 pm »
I think removing General chat was a great idea. True, it would be somewhat intricate for some users who relied on the chat to recruit or find a group, but no everyone took into that purpose. The general seemed like a "casual" chat room for people. And with it, they bring up spam, reference to inappropriate or unnecessary subject matters, real world dilemma, troll, and so on. Though I previously used the chat to recruit or ask questions, I can accept this change. Besides, that's why we have a forum, yes? There is always more than one way to do something. Also, I want to add, I am quiet in the world, but think the change will encourage more socialization among players instead of isolating themselves in the map, chatting through general with people they know. Personally, I love to meet people and branch out of the diffidence. So, let's not be strangers, say hello, good-bye, role-play together, derp. And if you are bored, players make a game fun, not the chat.  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:23:51 pm by FoxPhilosopher »
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2013, 01:12:57 am »
Actually. I pretty happy that General Chat is going, in my opinion. Because I found it to chaos and to harsh. People or should I say floofs also makes General a bad thing because so many people is cursing or probably talking disgusting. But now, since everything in General shut down; I be more clam to hear arguments about "No..Stop being such a -etc-" Yeah..You get my point. xD

I think this would really help out. Thank you for the update. <3

Offline Peenut2k7

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • MS Paint artist who likes dinosaurs too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2013, 01:50:10 am »
 Dang. I'll miss you, general. :-[ But I admit, I hated the advertising, the mate begging, but I wish that with the loss would come the Movie Maker. There's a real reason I wish FH was still being worked on...
cartoon lion and dog game

Offline Kitsunez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • wow i rly like cats uwu
    • lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2013, 02:05:13 am »
Although yes there are upsides, but think of the many downsides included. As an advertiser for my own RP, I don't even know how to get the words to show up in my clip. That's something I never bothered with. Plus, the ghost of general will live on in movie clips. People will now spam them, and there will be MANY more. So many more that people may have to shut off the clips because there are so many. And with the manual recruiting, think about the crowds.

Example, there are many warrior cat RP'S, and I myself have one. I hate looking around to see other leaders spot a person and say "Hey wanna join?" I feel that's rude in a sense, and it is even more despisable when leaders are over-recruiting. (Sitting there with literally 5+ other people with them and they're still trying to get more members, while some of us have had nobody and we've been there longer.)

Yes, General had its downs. For example, the arguments, the trolls, etc. I hated that, but I ignored it when I recruited. Its hard enough to get so much as a couple people to join in an hour.

I do believe that, if people came on the website more, then maybe recruitment via feral-heart.com would be beneficial. I can imagine the future arguments about members in the near future, what with the main key point of recruitment lost.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:12:04 am by Kitsunez »

Profile picture by kirani100 of FeralHeart
Signature by .Badlands. of FeralHeart

Offline Levair7

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2013, 02:48:35 am »
I have been playing Feral Heart ever since January of last year. I know the many people in general spam, mostly it is trolls trying to have fun out of aggravating and getting people mad. This was a good idea, although Me and my friend have just started a new role-play, well plotted, and we were going to advertise today. Yes, it is mapped. I spent many days on this map, leading to a total of one month, 2 weeks, 4 days, and seven hours long. Yes, I do time myself when I do maps, reason being is to show others how much time and work I put into my maps. Anyhow, back to my point. I was really wishing ti recruit others for mine and my friends role-play. Is there another way besides movie making as to recruiting as well recruiting on here? Because a lot of players that are detailed writers do not go to the role-play section on these forums. I am just asking if there is another possible way. Me and my friend spent many hours on creating Lucent Shadows.

Offline bluemushrooms

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 04:15:11 am »

General was a big part of the game, but I understand.... a little.
It's just a little too sudden... *Cough*
Also, movie clips have a bad reputation because of all that spam people do, it's going to be ALOT tougher for the people who role-play in-game.
Well then, that's all I gotta say, you won't hear from me for awhile. -Casually walks out of door and drives far away in my tacomobile-