Author Topic: Favorite Type of Role-Play?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Favorite Type of Role-Play?
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:58:45 am »
As the title sates, what are your favorite kind of role-plays? Not like characters, but like topics, and why.
Post-apocalyptic, random, etc. - it doesn't really matter to me, I just want to know.

Personally, anything to deal with zombies, pirates, spies, or anything that presents a heavy, working challenge for my character(s), though I'd never mix the two myself (unless the other has a character like that).
What I mean by a challenge is anything to put them in danger (i.e.: sinking of a ship, physical and horrendous monster(s), etc.) or Man vs. Environment or something that just presents a challenge that makes it difficult for the character.
I do have my spurs of random role-plays, of course, but I'd rather have a major problem for my character.
-Wolfie

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Type of Role-Play?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 03:30:56 am »
-Approves this topic so much-

I myself like a variety of roleplays- depending on where they are. Roleplays in game to me are completely different from roleplays on the forums. Usually there is specific things I'm looking for, if I am ever looking for a group(which isn't often)- since I often join groups recommended by friends.

For in-game roleplays, I do love to have a big variety so I can think of what kind of mood I'm in. I absolutely love it when the plot to roleplays is so juicy and beautiful and unique compared to all the other groups. Usually I join canine roleplays, as I rarely make ANY feline characters. However hard to come by, it is amazing when a big group with amazing characters and amazing plots pops up. For some reason, two kinds of roleplays ALWAYS catch my attention, even if I don't join it. The first one is Independent Society Roleplays. These are the ones that usually have an amazing plot, and their own society. It can be humans, humans with powers, wolves(that are the dominant species in that particular roleplay), or whatever really. I just die whenever I see someone with a roleplay of their own society, own money system, clothing preference, time frame(especially when it's in medieval-ish times). My second roleplay I'm drawn to a lot is a regular wolf roleplay. Not the kind you'd see everyday, but a incredibly realistic one where the pack has an actual plot to follow.
On forum roleplays I'm really drawn to any, but you can find me most in human roleplays. Why? Because it's difficult to see or have human roleplays IN GAME. I've been in several post-apocalyptic roleplays, so I kinda get tired of that after a while. But like I said before, PLOT PLOT PLOT. To me the plot is everything. If it's a good plot, I will almost automatically get drawn to the sucker. As you said, I also like it occasionally when my character faces a challenge, or a limitation in some way.

Love this topic, keep it up Wolfie <333

It's late and I'm tired so my deepest apology if you see any grammar or spelling errors xD

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Type of Role-Play?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:00:40 pm »
I love tons of different roleplay types. As long as it can be related to animals. Le favorites are:
Apocalypse/Natural Disaster
Exploration
Rivals Pitted (cats vs. dogs, pack vs. pack, etc.)
Undead/Ghost
NOODLE RP

Anything that sound interesting, really...

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya