Author Topic: A color wheel or color bar  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Bugsabby

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • MoonyLegend
    • Bugsabby
    • iiMoonsShadow
    • View Profile
A color wheel or color bar
« on: July 12, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »
I think adding a color wheel or color bar would be way easier for people to customize and do more things with colors. Some people don't know how to use the current one or get frustrated with it cause they want the color they want but they can't cause they don't know how to use the current one, that color might not be even be available. So I think adding one of those would make things much easier for customizing ^^

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
Re: A color wheel or color bar
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:54 pm »
i think that'd be a pretty neat feature too! unfortunately however the staff are unable to make updates to the interface of the game as they lack the source code, so a way around it i found is using the google colour picker (you can just look up colour picker on google and it should come up), picking a colour you like from that and entering in the rgb codes shown on the left side.

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:39:57 pm »
That's a fun idea! Though, I do have to expound upon what Teanovai said. Whatever color you want, weather it's found on google or elsewhere, you can just enter the RGB numbers in their respectful areas, granted those numbers are provided.

An easy way of finding those numbers is to just screenshot the color your want, bring it into the default Paint program your computer has (hopefully,) eye drop the color and go into custom colors. There you can find the RGB numbers for the color you're currently using!

Wow that turned into a mini tutorial x'D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:41:57 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:42:57 pm »
Having more options to input colors in-game would actually be quite interesting! I'd love to see a color wheel. A place to input hex codes or change the saturation and value would also be a pretty useful feature. If it were possible (unfortunately not as of now, as teanovai explained above), I'd love to see more color options, I've always felt that Feralheart's current options are sort of lacking.

Good suggestion!

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 09:58:55 pm »
Gosh, this would be such a wonderful feature. The lovely users above have listed some great ways to work with the rgb function, but I agree that it would be a fun option to have. <3

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Jixmix

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 12:00:33 am »
Ah, yes this would be a great idea! Ive played other games that have a color wheel and markings that you just use to change color, and sometimes you can get secret colors with using a special tap code. Maybe they might add one in the next update, you just never know but hopefully they might c:

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 09:00:04 am »
Certainly better than clicking, dragging, clicking, dragging and then accidentally clicking again
I support this idea

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 10:20:20 am »
I didn't know colours outsie of 0-255 RGB existed for normal displays?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"