Author Topic: FeralHeart+ is a black screen! What do I do?  (Read 5732 times)

Offline Emotika

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
FeralHeart+ is a black screen! What do I do?
« on: December 09, 2011, 04:34:50 pm »
Hello.

I just started playing Feral Heart but I tried it out a few months ago, maybe a year, I don't really remember.
And now I wanted to give it another chance and I saw this new Feral Heart version called FeralHeart+ ...

But when I customized my character the backround screen was black, and I thought maybe it's like that in +.
But then when I started the game with my new character, the whole screen was black except all of the other
animals.

So basically the whole area was black, no trees, no ground, no sky or anything.. everything was black.
Please, oh, please, ... help me with this! :(

And I didn't install the regular Feral Heart version, so I only have FeralHeart+ on the computer.
Did I do it wrong? :P

(BTW, I'm on a Windows 7.)

Thanks.
/Eveline (AKA Emotika)

EDIT: Now I am trying out the regular Feral Heart and it's a black screen as well. BTW, it crashed too... =S
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:40:02 pm by Eveline »

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
Re: FeralHeart+ is a black screen! What do I do?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 05:17:24 pm »
the normal FH and FH+ is going through major bugs right now and you also have to download the patch or you can't play normal FH at all.
try going here to fix the black screen: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13593.0

although this just fixes the screen...not the crashing problem

Offline Emotika

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:48:44 pm »
the normal FH and FH+ is going through major bugs right now and you also have to download the patch or you can't play normal FH at all.
try going here to fix the black screen: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13593.0

Thanks, the crashing was just temporary, but my problem is not only FH+, I can't even play the regular Feral Heart since it is a black screen aswell, though the problem in the post you showed me, is exactly the problem I have.

Thanks for the help, though it couldn't help me.

Offline Emotika

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 02:39:29 pm »
Well, I figured this much out:

Neither Feral Heart or Feral Heart + works, since:

I saw one of Sameth's replies to a comment, that you shouldn't install it in Program Files (86x),
and I was like "OH, that must be why Feral Heart didn't work!", and then I installed it in C:/ instead.

BUT, instead of getting a black screen, the game didn't start up at all. I got this error message:

"The program could not start up correctly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to close the program."

(Though it was in swedish, since I am swedish and my computer is set
to the swedish language.. sorry for the rough translation. xd)

Please help?? I tried both FeralHeart and FHPlus, none of them works, all I get is that error message...
Though when I do install it in Program Files (86x) the black screen bug appears.

So, well, what do I do? :'<

Offline skittlepoo9

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 10:48:06 pm »
im having the same problem, and i just started playing :(

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 10:54:42 pm »
Do not post in old threads, grace. What is it you're having issues with? The black screen? Or the game not working?

Offline kittycats9

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 04:38:43 pm »
I've un and re-intalled FH+ like, ten times. after i typed in, C:\FeralHeartPlus, It worked once. But now again it's all black. What do I do?
A few quotes, from my friends: "As the day begins anew, do does our lives." - Aang, on Katara and his wedding day.

Offline wolfgrrl13

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay Land
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 07:10:46 pm »
Kaylee, I'd suggest starting a new thread or looking over previous ones.  There's been problems like this asked before.  When you're in the game, all you've got to do is press 'B', switch tabs over to 'Home,' and then click 'Go Home.'

Offline Blackwolf10799

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 11:24:15 pm »
HELP PLEASE!!! Ok so I have REGULAR FERALHEART Not FH+ When I click start it loads and all but my character is on a black map with no other people! Just me. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I tried installing the patch. Did I do something wrong or give me an idea on what I need to do please! I would insert an image but the image i have doesn't have a URL link.  >:(  :'(
I think, therefore I am.

Offline SHYAN2334

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 09:35:03 pm »
I need help my screen is all black just black no ground no sky no anything my computer is a window 7 btw tell me if you know what to do