Author Topic: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working(Please help me with this)  (Read 6120 times)

Offline Duet

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
FeralHeart.exe has stopped working(Please help me with this)
« on: December 26, 2011, 08:48:16 pm »
Ok, so. I uninstalled FH about 3 months ago to make more space in my computer. I downloaded it today and it showed me the white screen where you pick OpenGL or DirectX something-or-nother, and it only gave me the option of OpenGL. Now I know from past experiences that OpenGL does NOT work with my computer(it crashes if i choose it) So, i looked into the Ogre CFG file and replaced what i saw with:
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
Anti aliasing=No
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=640 x 480 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
Video Mode=1280 x 800
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

I clicked the FH icon and it still gave me the one option of OpenGL at first, but after a few times of clicking it gave me the DirectX something-or-nother option and i continued on. I logged in, clicked my character and waited to be loaded into the map. If i remember right, the map i was going into was flourite plains. The screen turned gray and gave me the ever annoying error message saying that FeralHeart.exe has stopped working. I closed FH, clicked on the icon, and ONCE AGAIN, got the one option of OpenGL. It continues to vary between OpenGL and DirectX something-or-nother, in which the same problem occurs again and again. May i please have some assistance?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:05:56 am by Duet »

Offline ymos199

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working(Please help me with this)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:13:46 pm »
there could be a number of things in the way but if your using Norton or McAfee anti virus get rid of it!!!
try avast antivirus its free and its better then just have it run a boot time scan. ^_^

Offline Duet

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 11:17:27 pm »
Awesome! I'm unistalling norton rite now. Thx!

Meganox

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 08:45:43 am »
It goes same here.....It happens the same way for me. I have Avira AntiVir Personal, but it still doesnt work. It did worked BEFORE i installed the patch, and without the patch it just doesnt work by asking to install it.

What to do?

Meganox

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 08:08:13 am »
I desired to try out FH+....And it worked  ;D It was a blanked ground, but i changed as there was posted to put it in C:\FHPLUS

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 11:49:11 am »
I try and put it in my C:/ folder, but everytime I do it, AVG comes up and says OMGZZ IS A HUGE THREAT AND YOUR COMP WILL DIE!!

Meganox

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:40 am »
press ignore button when it pops out

Offline mexi

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 12:56:59 pm »
hello i need help because  it says i needed to update feralheart and i dont know how so i downloaded it again so now it comes up with

The procedure entry point _ZN4Ogre10GpuProgramC2EPNS_15ResourceManagerERKsSsyS4_bPNS20ManualResourceLoaderE could not be located in the dynamic link library OgreMain.dll

please help thanks oh by the way ive got avast so dont say anything about it and the problem is ive played on feralheart 2 years now and it worked fine...
HELP!!!!!
Haters Gonna Hate :3

Offline mexi

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 01:00:33 pm »
I try and put it in my C:/ folder, but everytime I do it, AVG comes up and says OMGZZ IS A HUGE THREAT AND YOUR COMP WILL DIE!!

well I know feralheart dosen't have any viruses so i think you might need to get avast unless you have it already it free to have no cost or anything also you can put any games with viruses in the sandbox which even if it is a virus you can still play on it

hope this helps
Haters Gonna Hate :3

Offline Kelhati

• Curious Wanderer
  • People need to learn your age isn't your IQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 04:29:51 pm »
fh works fine on my computer, using openGL (but i think ive seen directx a few times, works either way), and when i open it in moms computer it changes between direct3D9 and openGL, and in the dropdown it has one and doesnt let me select the other.
crashes as soon as it opens using either one
redownloaded and patched several times, and we use avast on both computers. what do
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:34:25 pm by Krissy »
Hold fast to your dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird, that cannot fly.
DeviantART
PleaseClick