Author Topic: Delete Please  (Read 1163 times)

ZombieKitteh

Delete Please
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:38:47 am »
With my recent addiction to Homestuck it doesn't come as a surprise I'd like to try and make homestuck items to flaunt around with on my Homestuck themed characters. xD

I've figured out how to add, edit and such already made meshes to character. My problem however is since I have a lacking to make my own meshes or convert, I need to make a few on Object maker. I can pull a good handful out, but the problem is pretty simple. Playing with, editing meshes to form new items on the object maker saves them to a .object file. It doesn't make meshes specifically saved from them. :c I've played with the object coding given in the .object files and tried to use those to move said groups of meshes on a character.. but it wont work. T-T

I was wondering if there's some way to turn/save those into meshes to be used easier or a way to move them to the character together under one object?

Also having a tad bit of trouble with one other thing. I'm trying to make a pair of glasses with one lens blue and the other red. (Yay Sollux *swoon*) but I can't get the material/texture to lay just right :c the gradient settles over both lenses making both of them red and blue instead of one over the other. Was hoping someone could help me find a code to fix this? Or point me in the direction of said code so I can tinker it myself?

And if anyone is interested, I'm willing to pay someone to make said items or just meshes for me that I can make into items to wear. I don't have a paypal though and all my money went into going to Anthro Con this year, but I can pay in DA points if that counts? xD Or art? *Bricked* Even simply being able to convert a mesh or two for me like a scarf for Eridan would be amazing.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:25:46 pm by ZombieKitteh »

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of help with items please?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:42:17 pm »
Recently I have been using Blender to make my own meshes. As for texturing and coding, those two things I lack in and can's help you out with. As far as I know, you will not be able to make meshes from object maker, it will only convert to .obj files.

If you tell me what you would like, I could see what I can do.

ZombieKitteh

Re: Bit of help with items please?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:04:35 pm »
Awwes so there's no way? That sucks :c Tried using blender myself and even with all the tutorials I got so overwhelmed and lost- meh x-x;

It's the horns more or less that I'd really love to have x3 I mean some sets I can just mess with the already known meshes and textures to pull off sorta, but others I dunno what to do for :c Any sort of help would be really awesome :3 I think they may be a bit hard to make though? And I looked for 3d models to try and get someone to convert but couldn't find anything.

http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Troll

Just the first twelve really. Like I said though they may be sorta hard to make :c

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of help with items? (Homestuck horns please)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:35:41 pm »
(So I'm not the only one who got lost with the tutorials?? :D )

They're fairly simple shapes which should be easy on blender, just will take some time. The hard part would be getting them to fit right.

I'll get on the job and send you a pm to the link of the download when I have finished.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:56:01 pm »
Really? Amg thankyou so much that'd be amazing *glomp* c:

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 02:01:24 am »
I sent you the links the the download. Everything should work fine. I drew them probably in a smaller scale, but once the size is increased it should fit exactly to the canine/feline model because I started by drawing them on top of a screenshot. I did not draw them in the center, but up a bit, so the z axis may have a difference coding-wise, but I don't have any real experience with that. Good luck.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 05:36:38 pm »
Wee :3

GOnna bump since I could still use help with the glasses- x3

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 08:51:48 pm »
Still need material coding help for the glasses.. xD