Author Topic: help with maps! (solved!)  (Read 7687 times)

Offline pokie37

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
help with maps! (solved!)
« on: December 20, 2012, 11:02:55 pm »
i'm having trouble with my map! everytime i try to get the map in-game, the game stops working, and i tried almost EVERYTHING i could, abd it still wont work! the only thing is that im not sure if i saved the map in the right place, or if im supposed to save it a certain way. I also have not tried reinstalling the game.
I also downloaded a map online, but i couldnt get it to work either. The preset i made worked just fine though!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:22:12 pm by kayla »

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
Re: help with maps!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »
Is the map 513x513, grayscale, and has no alpha map/layers?

Offline pokie37

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 11:30:49 pm »
yes!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 11:39:14 pm »
-When it comes to the crashes first check your particles folder for double particles and delete them.
-If the game still crashes when entering the map try going into "options" on the game's main menu and then selecting "video". From there click Rendering Subsystem and change it from OpenGL to Direct3D9 since some maps work better that way.

Aside from that though is this a downloaded map? Or is it your own map that you've created?
If it's your own map that you've created and are trying to save but have trouble refer below but if it is a problem with a downloaded map refer to the yellow text at the far bottom of this post:

Check out this link for the map trouble:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1391.0

Also here are a few more ideas of things you can do that have worked for others with this same issue:
(Just keep in mind that I'm not too much of a map maker so I'm sorry if I can't be more specific with details)

- Try switching the height map's format to something else and then back again.
- Check that the map doesn't have an Alpha channel if it does remove it.
- Make sure that it doesn't have a transparency layer.
- Copy your image then close from the image until the program is blank, then paste the copied image back in flatten it and save it over again. (Basicially ensures that the image is in one layer too)
- Consider switching the image from Grayscale to RGB and then right back to Grayscale.
- If the height map is saved as png try saving it to jpg instead or vice versa.
Goodluck

If it was a downloaded map here is how to install in case you put the files in the wrong place:

1.) Follow the "read me" file if there is one and place the files in the places where it says or just place all the files into the "Exports" folder

OR

If placing the map files into the Feral Heart "Exports" folder didn't make it work right than try placing the files as so:
FHM files go into FH> Media >Terrains
FHO files go into FH>Media>Objects
FHS/FHW go into FH>Media>Sky
MP3 files go into FH>Media>Sounds/Music
Then restart the game
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:59:32 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline pokie37

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 12:17:30 am »
thanks, but none of that helped.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 12:25:41 am »
If none of it worked then it's possible you damaged, misplaced, or lost some important files while adding the map or some other mod to your game. Since I can't see your file I can't tell for sure. You'll need to uninstall the game and delete the main folder before reinstalling the game again. Just remember when you do this be sure to back up any important files like presets etc in a folder else where in the computer so you can replace them back into the fresh new install and not lose those files.
Goodluck
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:28:11 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline pokie37

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 12:45:34 am »
ok, i'll try that, that will also fix my preset 7 folder too!

Offline pokie37

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 01:16:10 am »
the map still isnt working!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 01:21:35 am »
Well at least the game is working now right? So in what way is the map not working now? When you enter its portal through the Cape the game crashes again? Please be specific. Are there any error messages? What happens when you enter it does the game crash etc? Be sure to review the steps I wrote above again and make sure you are installing it right.

Offline pokie37

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »
ok so i made the map, i went on feralheart, into tools, mapmaker, but when i type the name of my map in under the world tab, the game stops working after i type the name in.