Author Topic: Trouble with an object group  (Read 1017 times)

ZombieKitteh

Trouble with an object group
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:19:47 pm »
So like usually if I have problems or hiccups with map making I can fix it myself, but I've tried everything and am totally stumped with this. :I

I have a object group that just wont export with a map of mine. All meshes and items in the group show up fine on the map but when it comes down to exporting it crashes when it hits that specific group. I haven't edited that group at all within the last month and the last time I used it in a map it exported just fine. The last time it was even touched prior to this, it worked fine. Now I went in the actual world file for the map and manually deleted the objects from that group from the map and afterwards it exported just fine. So my theory is that it's a mesh within the group causing problems or conflicting.

To try and figure out which mesh it was acting up I loaded all of them in Object maker and they all loaded fine. No materials missing or any problems. So I made a test map and decided to test the objects from the object group in it and export it. And it exported just fine. No crashing or anything. I even copy and pasted the objects from the group I used in the map (from a backed up world file) that was having exporting problems. And that worked fine too on the test map. No problems.

So my question is, why would an object group cause problems only when exporting in one specific map? If it is a mesh within that group how can I go about figuring out which mesh it is? Any help would be uber appreciated. If you're up to the task I'm more then willing to send you said files/folders/groups to try and figure out. Because I'm stumped.

And please do not tell me to completely re-install FH, that is at most a last ditched effort and in this case wont solve anything if I just backup and reuse my same media folder anyways because I don't feel like loosing and going through all 4,807 files within said media folder. xP

Edit:

I found out a way to go aorund my problem. But it's really.. taxing. :I After I finish the map I can go in the world file, back it up and manually copy and paste the objects in that group elsewhere. Then export it once to fully export all the other groups and such. Then re add the coding for the objects via the world file afterwards. Export it a second time, which will fail, just to get the new .fhm file including that object group. Then lastly open a new test map, only add a object from that troublesome group and export it to get the .fho file for that group. Then bunch it together in the download with the map files of the other map (minus the test maps .fhm file)

It's confusing.. and time consuming. But it works. Still please anyone with a solution would receive all of my thanks ;^; If I have to do this for this map it's going to make map making such a chore.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:24:51 pm by ZombieKitteh »

Offline 580star

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with an object group
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:30:51 pm »
Try going into Computer>LocalDisk>FeralHeart>Media>Terrains>And into the Maps file that has been crashing. Maybe one of the Object groups in there has been moved or Changed.
Make sure ALL the Objects are in the Folders they originally were in when you made the Map, Or else none of them will show up & It will crash upon opening.
I'm not sure what else to say, I've never really had this Problem. xc

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:09:46 pm »
I have no idea, but if you still needing help i could check it myself by using team viewer or joinme to remotelly control the computer and to try to solve it.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:17:12 pm »
I'd completely forgotten about this problem with my other, more recent account problem. Yes I am indeed still having trouble with it. I actually do have teamviewer installed so that'd be a lot of help actually if you're up for it. c:

Thierry

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 10:22:10 pm »
OK when you find me online at FH is because im most likely available to help, you can whisper me and i will help.

Edit: sometime im hidding as "Thierry2" because im not playing and doing something else but im free to help.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:38:05 pm by Thierry »