Author Topic: Keep crashing, Why?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
Keep crashing, Why?
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:31:19 am »
Me and my two friends keep crashing, When I crash a pop up appears and says "Feral Heart has stopped working" and when I press cancel on it, It kicks me off, Why is this happening and is this crashing?

People in the Image,  Vask, Sagitta, Scarlett (The Grey Wolf> Me) Rin, and SeizureWhale

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Keep crashing, Why?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:34:04 am »
Try changing your rendering system.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:35:00 am »
What's that?

People in the Image,  Vask, Sagitta, Scarlett (The Grey Wolf> Me) Rin, and SeizureWhale

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 01:36:53 am »
Like Ms. Ahkrin stated before me, changing your rendering system may reduce said misfortune. Try looking at the following tutorial to see if it helps ye':

Click me.
gone

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 01:37:23 am »
Hmm. I asked for what you're experiencing happens to the lot of us if it's the server that's the problem. It all depends on the server really. For instance, if you log in and play in-game for a while then every so often you get a 'Failed to connect to front server' or 'Disconnected from map server', then that's just normal and it's basically the server being a little troll.

To change your rendering system, it should pop up when you first click on your Feralheart icon on your desktop. However, if it doesn't, then click on it simultaneously two or three times in order to launch more than one game. When you do that, a pop up will show, looking like this:

Click on the arrow pointing down next to the 'OpenGL Rendering Subsystem' and an option below it should say 'Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem' (or vice versa if you're already using the Direct3D9 subsystem). Merely click on that option then launch the game and see if anything changes.

Preset Download

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 01:38:46 am »

Just like Starry said~

Also, try going into C: >>> Feralheart >> media > particles and delete any ending with _0 or _1.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:41:04 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 01:39:26 am »
Game is not starting or having graphical issues/glitches.

FeralHeart is a game like so many others out there, it needs a computer to do all the work so you can play it. Not everyone can just install the game and it works all perfect for them. Sometimes the computer might even be really old and the game too new. But if you got a computer from the last 5 years, playing this game shouldn't be any problem at all.

The ogre errors!
The ogre errors is something that users can get either when trying to boot up the game or when entering a custom map. These errors come directly from the game, and even though the error messages might look a lil messy, most of the time they actually clearly shows where the problem is. Ogre errors can also come up from broken installers that doesn't install all the files needed to run the game, and in these cases "The magical fix" usually solves this. Uninstall>re-download>Install with new installers.

An example of an ogre error below:

That one is pretty much straight out saying that the following file "Gui Template/Reminder" Is missing. And in this case, if something is missing, an uninstall and re-install should do the trick. But there can be other errors like "Items already using the name blabla" or "Failed to create OpenGL rendering". They can vary very much, some are easier to fix than others.'

If you look <here>, you will find a big list of previous ogre errors, and many of them with a solution. So take a look there. (Thanks to Shell Prisoner for making that thread)

Preset Download

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 01:41:21 am »
I don't have he OpenGL one

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 01:44:55 am »
I don't have he OpenGL one

Another way to change it:

Go into C: > Feralheart and find a file called orge. Open it with notepad, and the first line will say this:

Or vise versa. Change it to:
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 01:46:45 am »
It working its happening to my pups, myself and my mate and we keep crashing every 30 seconds

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis