Author Topic: Won't load Ficho Tunnel or Bonfire Island  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Phenomenality

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Won't load Ficho Tunnel or Bonfire Island
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:55:57 am »
Hello,
whenever I try to go on my character that is in Bonfire island, it won't load. It says "Failed to connect to map server". I tried multiple times but it didn't work. So, I created a new character and I tried to go to Ficho Tunnel yet that didn't work either. It said "Failed to connect to map server". When I tried to go to the South Pole, it worked with no worries. Can somebody tell me what's going on and if this is only happening to me?

Offline Corrupted-Ember

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Won't load Ficho Tunnel or Bonfire Island
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:58:25 am »
the same thing is happening to me as well so your not the only one having this problem  :( but why is it happening when you go in the portals
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:09:17 pm by jemma.peterie »

Offline IxOverComexI

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 12:14:03 pm »
Same evertime i try and get into Ficho or bonfire on all sort's of diffrent charter South Pole,Fplain's,Cape and everthing but Bonfire and Ficho works.
Rosefire~

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 12:15:08 pm »
Hello everyone! It seems that just about everyone is having issues accessing those maps according to the forum, since there are only 0-3 people in them at a time. It seems to be a server-sided issue, and it should be resolved shortly.

For any of those who would like to retrieve their characters from these and any other inaccessible maps, take a look at the following tutorial by Feareh on character retrieval.

Hello there Floofs,
So upon some of the recent change with the new "Panel" name switch, some confusion on the old version of it still lingers here, So this is a guide of the NEW "Character Reset" that was used but has changed due to the new Preset sync that was introduced recently. Now onto the tutorial. For others who do come across threads that tie into this, you may use as ref if you may.

Why do I need Character Reset:
The reason this was made is to save your character from bad maps or just "bad token" maps that you may come across. This was introduce sometime in 2012-2013 to save characters instead of delete and re-make characters again. Very useful tool for those who happen to go into a private map and doesn't quite work.

Step 1

Well if you have a character in a "dead" map or you have the constant "Failed to connect" or "Bad Token. Then try this Character Reset. When you log in you will see something like this on your top right hand side.
NOTE If you do not see something like this when you log in, then try to log in again. Usually it does turn off for some odd reason after you are gone for a while. Just like when the system logs you out from the forums when you haven't done anything for a long time.
Anyways, the only major change here is that the "Character Reset" has name changed to "Panel"

Step 2

For security reason you do have to log in again with your ingame username and password.
NOTE DO NOT log in with your forum name, this does not work

So for example I would have to log in as Youshallfearme2 since that is MY username, I don't log in as Feareh. Once that step is done, then you are ready for step 3.

Step 3

Red Arrow: This "Reset" button will poof your character back to Lonely Cave. The basic concept of the Reset is generally understandable.
Green Arrow: The "Go Home" sends your character back to the last place you set home to. So if you set your home to the South Pole, when you click this it will poof your character there.
Once you have completed these steps you then successfully saved your character from a bad map. Just a minor note that if you are logged in when you are doing this, it is strongly recommended that you log off and log back in for it to take effect.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:19:15 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 12:25:41 pm »
This server-sided issue affects and Cape of Distant Worlds. I just got an "Failed to connect to map server" message.

Atlantis and Last Cave are accessible, though.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:41:21 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 12:47:40 pm »
Moontwist and I have checked all of Feralheart's public maps, and we have come to the conclusion that Bonfire Island, Ficho Tunnel, and Cape of Distant Worlds are currently experiencing issues with accessibility. If your character is stuck in anyone of these maps, you are free to use the tutorial quoted above.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 01:42:18 pm »
It seems like this server-sided issue affected the whole game. Hope the problem will be solved soon.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:43:49 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 01:48:47 pm »
Hello everyone! All of the maps seem to be currently working!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:52:43 pm by AlphaEclipse »