Author Topic: Won't Open (ye  (Read 706 times)

Offline Mable2907

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Won't Open (ye
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:07:47 am »
I recently got an account (yesterday) and I'm sad to say it isn't working. I know this sounds generic but that's what my computer tells me. So I'm super hyped yeah, and I click to open it. Everything seems fine and I click okay and it instantaneously says "Feral Heart has stopped working, a problem caused the program to not work correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if there is a solution." I have tried reopening it, uninstalling it and then downloading it again, still nothing. I have scoured the forums and internet reading lots of stuff and watching tons of videos.  This is a video of some random person having the same problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6oexC3JpM . I also have a very new computer. So new that I got it today so don't go saying my PC might be made of stale crackers or a disguised toaster. I just need actual help.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: Won't Open (ye
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 03:36:29 am »
It can happen when the game is new on your computer. I suggest, when that happens, try to keep the game closed for around 10 minutes or more. That Is how I fix it. Otherwise I'm not sure about this.
Feral Heart has also been hacked lately, and there is information about it >here< It can also give you alot of information on the new way to connect to the game and get the ability to play on it.
doing what i feel like

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Re: Won't Open (ye
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 04:39:30 pm »
Hi there, I'm just wondering if you tried changing the rendering system from openGL to Direct3D9? (Or vice versa.)

There is a way you can do this without having to open the game.

1 - Go into your Feral heart folder which can be found if you go into your local disk or your (C) drive.

2 - once you're in there find a file called "Ogre" and open that in notepad.

3 - You should see the first few lines of text looking like either this:
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
or this
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]

4 - If those two code are like either of the above simply try changing it for it's counterpart.

5 - If however they are missmatched, for example:
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Then you should change of of them so that they are both the SAME rendering system as this has been known to cause issues on start up for some users.

I hope this helped!

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!