Author Topic: Exported map won't work?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Exported map won't work?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 12:20:50 am »
Feel free to send me the map link as well, I wouldn't mind trying it out ^^

As for your friend's issue, is she placing all the files in different folders? Since (apparently) she's stuffing everything into her exports folder, have her try something different; place all .fho and .fhm files into exports. Place all .fhw and .fhs files into sky. Place all .mp3 files into sounds. And if there are ground textures (sand1.jpg etc), have her place them in her textures folder. But before trying all this, have her delete every map file from her folder

If that still doesn't work, it could be that your map is dense and full of meshes. Laggy maps tend to cause people to crash the first few times they try to enter, so maybe just have her wait a few days before trying again
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Amaimono

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 06:15:10 pm »
Sorry for not replying, i didn't have time to modify my map earlier... But now i deleted like half of trees and some useless objects, but it STILL crashes my friend's game.
I also used just a LightRain as a weather so it shouldn't be a problem.
I may try to delete even more objects but then my map would be... Really empty.. And we've been both playing on really large maps full od objects and it never crashed for her. So i really don't know what is going on.
Enoki it'd be great if you could see if that map works for you. I'll PM you files when you agree, okay?

Feel free to send me the map link as well, I wouldn't mind trying it out ^^

As for your friend's issue, is she placing all the files in different folders? Since (apparently) she's stuffing everything into her exports folder, have her try something different; place all .fho and .fhm files into exports. Place all .fhw and .fhs files into sky. Place all .mp3 files into sounds. And if there are ground textures (sand1.jpg etc), have her place them in her textures folder. But before trying all this, have her delete every map file from her folder

If that still doesn't work, it could be that your map is dense and full of meshes. Laggy maps tend to cause people to crash the first few times they try to enter, so maybe just have her wait a few days before trying again

Yeah, she did it already and still no effect... And as i said before, i've already deleted about half of objects on the map (it's no more laggy for me) and still nothning.

I'll send map's files too if you don't mind?

Thank you all for your help.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 07:42:21 pm »
Yeah, feel free to shoot 'em over whenever ye get the chance and I'll see if the download will work on m'FH.

If it still isn't working on her computer with the lessening of objects, 'tis most likely how she downloaded it and placed the files. Something must be out of place or missing from the download. I'll try to look at it as soon as I get the download.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 08:23:41 pm »
So, it didn't allow me in the map, it gave me the FH.exe has stopped working error and shut the game down. Anyway, here's what I've found out. It looks like ye placed all objects in one grouping, yes? Did ye export this object group b'fore working with them in y'er map?

Also, did ye rename the files after ye exported them, or was that the original name that they were exported under? If ye renamed them afterwards, export the original files 'gain and leave the names as is.

The reason why it is not working is either b'cause ye renamed an already exported file or ye excluded an important file in the download. Export the map in Map Maker and then make a list of all the things it tells ye it exported. Next, check the download ye made and see what's missing.

If this doesn't work, do ye mind setting a date and time f'er a join.me/livestream? I can probably sort all this out if I can get a look at y'er FH files and see what's goin' on in there. If it works f'er ye in-game, then it should work f'er everyone else who downloads it.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 12:38:39 am »
Go ahead and send me the map download as well, fluff. Hopefully I'll be able to give some suggestions based on whether or not the map causes me to crash ^^'
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Amaimono

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 04:48:57 pm »
So, it didn't allow me in the map, it gave me the FH.exe has stopped working error and shut the game down. Anyway, here's what I've found out. It looks like ye placed all objects in one grouping, yes? Did ye export this object group b'fore working with them in y'er map?

Also, did ye rename the files after ye exported them, or was that the original name that they were exported under? If ye renamed them afterwards, export the original files 'gain and leave the names as is.

The reason why it is not working is either b'cause ye renamed an already exported file or ye excluded an important file in the download. Export the map in Map Maker and then make a list of all the things it tells ye it exported. Next, check the download ye made and see what's missing.

If this doesn't work, do ye mind setting a date and time f'er a join.me/livestream? I can probably sort all this out if I can get a look at y'er FH files and see what's goin' on in there. If it works f'er ye in-game, then it should work f'er everyone else who downloads it.

Now as I look up my files i think... I exported wrong objects group. They have similar names and i think i just choose the wrong one back then.
Oh my god, i feel so stupid.
I guess i have to do this map all over again.
Thank you all again for your help.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 05:15:35 pm »
Ah! That would most likely be it! Glad ye found the issue; this should be an easy fix. :D

I don't think ye'll need to re-do the whole map. If ye see the objects in the map, then all ye need to do is re-export the correct object group and place it in the download. ;3

Offline Amaimono

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 05:19:06 pm »
Oh, i completely forgot about this!
Thank you so much! I'll try to do this and see if it works now.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 05:23:30 pm »
Alrighty! Fingers crossed f'er ye. If it still doesn't seem to work, feel free to send me the new version of the download and I'll see if I can spot any errors. G'luck with it! Hoping f'er the best.

Offline Amaimono

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 02:49:35 pm »
Okay, so it was still crashing after exporting the right objects group, so we did something different. I just sent her all files of objects i used on the map to put them in my objects folder and it finally worked. I still don't know why was it not working but now i'm sure it was someting with objects...
I'm making new map now so i'll see if it happens again when i'm done.