Author Topic: Podium out of place, how to move character to podium?  (Read 945 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Podium out of place, how to move character to podium?
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:38:30 am »
I'm attempting to create a podium, so I put the podium's base at around "1510 70 1510", but the character is standing far from the podium.

Screenshot:

The gray ceiling is something I can fix I think.

I placed the dragon altar in front of where I thought the character would be, facing where I thought the character would be.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:16:14 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
Re: Podium out of place, how to move character to podium?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 06:29:54 am »
What's the size of the map? I think for Podium maps it should be at 2000 for the width and 200 for the height. Otherwise I'd just recommend making sure you've exported the map and placed it in the right spots.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 07:14:07 am »
Width of 2000, height of 200.
What are the right spots to put everything? I know where to put the fhPodium.fhm, but where do the rest of the exported files go?

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:55:10 pm »
If I remember correctly, the rest of the exported files (objects or sky files or whatever else you might have) just stay in the exports folder and the fhPodium.fhm is the only one that gets copied to the folder with the other official maps and overwrites the old podium. I think that file can stay in the exports folder still as well, though maybe try making sure both fhPodium.fhm files are exactly the same.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?