Author Topic: Old maps  (Read 2241 times)

Offline aryana100

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • iuliathewolf
    • /c/Ritsukii
    • View Profile
Re: Old maps
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 06:14:14 pm »
Ok

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Old maps
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 08:12:49 pm »
No server restart needed, but I will explain more about this

This is a common issue for custom/downloaded maps... especially the popular ones. The thing is about maps in the game (public, custom, all of them) is that each individual map's server is down until someone arrives. Once when the last person leaves a given map, that map's server goes down again. Public maps (The Grounds, Cherika, basically all of them) are rarely empty, so they're almost always up, it's simple

Then think about old custom maps that are no longer used. They're almost always down (rarely having visitors at this point), so that's simple as well

Of course, then there's the custom maps that are popular and widely-used. The download for the old maps is a great example. While they're not being used 24/7 like the public maps are, there are still people going in and out of them a lot. So they're constantly going up, then down. Up again, then down again. Up, down, up, down, up down... So this constant need to bring the map server up/down according to the players can cause strain for that map server. Then this happens. I hope this makes sense

All you have to do is wait a few days or so then it should start working again on its own c:

thank you for explaining this. i was looking all over the forum for an explanation and couldn't seem to find anything specific.