Author Topic: Can't Log in  (Read 3001 times)

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can't Log in
« on: December 31, 2018, 10:47:29 pm »
I haven't played the game in a year or so, but I got ahold of my username/password and when I try logging into the game, I always get "Failed to connect to front server" despite being logged into the page at the same time. Any help is appreciated!

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Log in
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 11:10:28 pm »
Have you tried switching browsers?
Try clearing cookies and cache if you use Chrome.
Run Feral Heart as Administrator as well.

You might want to look into the Big help thread and maybe you'll find the solution to the issue.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:14:45 pm by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 11:13:44 pm »
I have a couple of solutions that you can try out and hopefully one of them works!

• Make sure your caps lock isn't on when you're typing in your password.
  • If you're using a proxy you have to disable it.
  • Not so sure if this will work but it's worth a try! Run FeralHeart as administrator.
  • Check your firewall log and make sure FeralHeart.exe is not being blocked. Here's how to view your firewall.

Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes Windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips, adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking Feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings, "nope!" Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:17:28 pm »
Have you tried switching browsers?
Try clearing cookies and cache if you use Chrome.
Run Feral Heart as Administrator as well.

You might want to look into the Big help thread and maybe you'll find the solution to the issue.

I have a couple of solutions that you can try out and hopefully one of them works!

• Make sure your caps lock isn't on when you're typing in your password.
  • If you're using a proxy you have to disable it.
  • Not so sure if this will work but it's worth a try! Run FeralHeart as administrator.
  • Check your firewall log and make sure FeralHeart.exe is not being blocked. Here's how to view your firewall.

Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes Windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips, adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking Feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings, "nope!" Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

Thanks so much yall--turns out I wasn't logging into the right page, because I just logged in and it took me to the one displaying "happy new year" rather than the one where I can manage my account. Not sure why, but it ended up working!

EDIT: nevermind, after a few seconds it said connection lost and now I can't log in again. sad days
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:19:27 pm by nuttbuttsquash »

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:18:56 pm »
Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Have fun exploring! <3

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 11:24:03 pm »
Thanks so much yall--turns out I wasn't logging into the right page, because I just logged in and it took me to the one displaying "happy new year" rather than the one where I can manage my account. Not sure why, but it ended up working!
EDIT: nevermind, after a few seconds it said connection lost and now I can't log in again. sad days

You are supposed to use this page to log in. You must keep it open while you play the game.

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 11:32:36 pm »

You are supposed to use this page to log in. You must keep it open while you play the game.

Yep, I'm using that site right now. It's open and has been for a few minutes; still get "Failed to connect to front server." Not sure why it worked for a split second and then stopped.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 11:35:41 pm »

Yep, I'm using that site right now. It's open and has been for a few minutes; still get "Failed to connect to front server." Not sure why it worked for a split second and then stopped.

Do you have problems with your internet connection? And have you tried those links and tips @Notorious. and I have sent you?

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 11:39:40 pm »

Do you have problems with your internet connection? And have you tried those links and tips @Notorious. and I have sent you?

Nope, got new internet a few months ago and haven't had problems with it since. I have tried the links/tips as well--looked at the big help thread too.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 11:40:30 pm »

Make sure your IP matches up, you can test it here:
Quote from:
Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and that will show you the IP address that you're connecting to the panel with.
Then, download www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip and run it. When it's complete, see what IP address it gives to you and check if it matches with the first IP address. They must match! If they don't, you're probably using a proxy and you have to disable it. Do not post that IP address anywhere!