Author Topic: Can't Log in  (Read 3000 times)

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Log in
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 11:44:03 pm »

Make sure your IP matches up, you can test it here:
Quote from:
Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and that will show you the IP address that you're connecting to the panel with.
Then, download www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip and run it. When it's complete, see what IP address it gives to you and check if it matches with the first IP address. They must match! If they don't, you're probably using a proxy and you have to disable it. Do not post that IP address anywhere!

Yup, just did that. IP matches perfectly. Gonna restart my computer & then router to see if that does anything

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 11:47:54 pm »
If restarting your computer and your router doesn't work out for you in the end, you should exit out of private mode if you're logging into FH's login page using incognito or whatnot. Also from what I've heard, Internet Explorer won't work when logging into the "play game" tab so use other alternatives besides that.

The only other thing I'm going to suggest is completely reinstalling FeralHeart if none of these options work.

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 11:54:57 pm »
If restarting your computer and your router doesn't work out for you in the end, you should exit out of private mode if you're logging into FH's login page using incognito or whatnot. Also from what I've heard, Internet Explorer won't work when logging into the "play game" tab so use other alternatives besides that.

The only other thing I'm going to suggest is completely reinstalling FeralHeart if none of these options work.

Unfortunately neither worked, I'm not in incognito and use chrome for my internet so reinstalling it is. Should only take a few minutes, I'll edit this when the reinstalled version is tested.

EDIT: I'm logged into https://feral-heart.com/login/index.php and still can't connect to front server after reinstalling. Not quite sure what I can do now.

EDIT 2: Waited a bit, decided to try again and I managed to log in; not sure why because I didn't do anything, hoping it continues to let me in

EDIT 3: Can't log in anymore. Installed a few textures: legendary items + markings, could that disrupt the connections? It doesn't seem like it could but you never know
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:17:05 am by nuttbuttsquash »

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 12:35:55 am »
Hmm, you should try logging into the Play Game tab using a mobile device if possible to see if that'll make a change.

Edit: I have one last solution I'll suggest and hopefully it'll work. Try resetting your password (and use a different one this time), log back into the Play Game tab (make sure to keep it open in the background at all times when playing the game!), open up FeralHeart.exe, and wait until you get connected.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:48:12 am by Notorious. »

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 12:51:32 am »
Hmm, you should try logging into the Play Game tab using a mobile device if possible to see if that'll make a change.

Edit: I have one last solution I'll suggest and hopefully it'll work. Try resetting your password (and use a different one this time), log back into the Play Game tab (make sure to keep it open in the background at all times when playing the game!), open up FeralHeart.exe, and wait until you get connected.

Just tried, it didn't work. I'm starting to think I only lucked out those 2 other times. I might give it overnight and see if that makes a difference

EDIT: Just saw your edit, I'll try that right away

EDIT 2: I don't remember which email I used for this account; tried to change it, but I'm not getting a confirmation email (unless it was sent to my old email).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:02:44 am by nuttbuttsquash »

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 01:23:10 am »
It seems, from what I've read here, that you have had a few lucky tries that you were able to get into the game?
Perhaps your internet connection isn't very good? Or the wifif isn't strong enough? Make sure you or other people in the house aren't heavily using the internet like with downloads and stuff..

I'm having the same problem, that I cannot connect to front server but with me it is a case of mis-matched ip' and I cannot figure out why because I have disabled proxy. And nobody seems to have any further suggestions for me as my thread is just dead xD Will have to take some time after work one day and play around with some things until I can try fjgure out WHAT exactly is messing with the ip's *Sigh*

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 01:42:03 am »
It seems, from what I've read here, that you have had a few lucky tries that you were able to get into the game?
Perhaps your internet connection isn't very good? Or the wifif isn't strong enough? Make sure you or other people in the house aren't heavily using the internet like with downloads and stuff..

I'm having the same problem, that I cannot connect to front server but with me it is a case of mis-matched ip' and I cannot figure out why because I have disabled proxy. And nobody seems to have any further suggestions for me as my thread is just dead xD Will have to take some time after work one day and play around with some things until I can try fjgure out WHAT exactly is messing with the ip's *Sigh*

That's the weird thing; my internet is super strong because I upgraded it a few months ago. I've had a few blips today in the connection however; my friend came over and tried to log on and has the same problem as me so I'm just gonna chalk it up to my internet being tricky. I'll see how it is over the next day or so, cause we did just get a huge snowstorm.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 08:06:03 am »
Have you tried using a different account? Sometimes the login won’t work with the specific account for reason unknown to me. But it has happened (very rarely though). If you don’t have a second account , the registration is probably open so you could just create another one and check it out.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:26:07 am by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline nuttbuttsquash

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 09:20:56 pm »
Have you tried using a different account? Sometimes the login won’t work with the specific account for reason unknown to me. But it has happened (very rarely though). If you don’t have a second account , the registration is probably open so you could just create another one and check it out.

Yup, I have a second one called buttnuttsquash and tried with that one too; didn't work. I've been able to get in a few times, but for the most part it won't connect.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 10:03:54 pm »
I'll try to look into more possible solutions, but unfortunately, I'm not too optimistic about the situation If I'm being honest.
For some reason, your computer is not letting the log in page connect with the game. The only reason I can think of is your ISP or a setting in your computer that needs to be changed.

Here are a few more things that you could try out:

• Use a different Wi-Fi. Try connecting your computer to your phone's 'Personal Hotspot' if you can and see if that will let you log in to the game.
  • Make sure that you have the most recent patch.
  • Try turning off the firewall.
  • Contact your ISP (internet service provider) if necessary and ask them to change your IP address (If possible)
  • If you have a laptop, go to your local coffee shop and connect to the Wi-Fi there and try to log in.
  • Create a new account.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox