Author Topic: Problem With Log-In Page (Solved?)  (Read 5562 times)

SpicyDirt

Re: Problem With Log-In Page
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 08:16:02 pm »
There is a good chance that it could be the internet, but it could also have to do with how old your laptop is. Is the internet stronger in the lobby? Would you be able to test it there?

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Instagram: unidinofied || pfp ; cherries <3
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • channel/UCg2MMF5RiqA5jAa0H8ruktA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 08:18:31 pm »
There is a good chance that it could be the internet, but it could also have to do with how old your laptop is. Is the internet stronger in the lobby? Would you be able to test it there?

It's really more of an Inn than a Hotel, so there's not much of a 'Lobby', but still, probably not. (Personal Family reasons, but my Laptop also dies EXTREMELY fast, I don't think they'd want a Teen sitting up there for 4 hours playing FeralHeart LOL)
I'd use my more 'up-to-date' Laptop, but it unfortunately has broken keys, and other... which makes it hard to play, let alone open. (But, we also can't really afford a new Laptop right now.)

SpicyDirt

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 10:06:52 pm »
I'd say at least go test to see if FH works better when closer to the router. That will let you know if it is more of an internet issue. But also, you said that this issue started after you downloaded an IT server. Did the download seem fishy or anything when you downloaded it? Maybe do a quick scan for any viruses that may be affecting your computer.

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 10:59:49 pm »
I'd say at least go test to see if FH works better when closer to the router. That will let you know if it is more of an internet issue. But also, you said that this issue started after you downloaded an IT server. Did the download seem fishy or anything when you downloaded it? Maybe do a quick scan for any viruses that may be affecting your computer.

I'm not allowed to head up there, and no it seemed like a very well-made IT server, Imperial Lands? I believe you said you were going to download it as well.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2020, 02:44:46 am »
Yeah but sometimes the downloads can contain other viruses depending on the site it is hosted on. Do you happen to go anywhere in your day that you'd be able to test the login page on?

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 02:58:03 am »
Yeah but sometimes the downloads can contain other viruses depending on the site it is hosted on. Do you happen to go anywhere in your day that you'd be able to test the login page on?

Nope, I mainly stay in my Hotel all day tbh...

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 03:00:45 am »

Nope, I mainly stay in my Hotel all day tbh...

Another thing I forgot to mention, as I said my Sister is having the same issue, but she never downloaded the IT server, so I don't think it's that, but I also have no clue.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 03:03:48 am »
Does she use the Windows 7 also?

Offline honeywasp

• Curious Wanderer
    • KyoruOfTheFurryWar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 03:05:20 am »
Does she use the Windows 7 also?

No, I believe she uses Windows 10, same Laptop brand though I think.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 03:22:16 am by RottMutt »

SpicyDirt

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2020, 03:09:24 am »
Alright. That has me thinking that it is more of an issue with the internet. I'd recommend going to a local cafe, library, fast food place, etc. and use the wifi at one of those places to test and see if the login page works. If it does turn out to be the case, I'd recommend buying a wifi extender. They plugin right to the wall and only cost ~$30.