Author Topic: Downloaded Map Pack, now black screen.  (Read 1550 times)

Offline deutmunk

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Downloaded Map Pack, now black screen.
« on: June 12, 2011, 12:06:40 am »
Sooo.  I download the new map pack, all excited.  The Pathways.fhm is in exports, and the fhmaps folder is in terrains.  I open FH, login, and am greeted with my characters showing up on a black background instead of the lovely waterfall.  ;_;  It's a black background when I go to play as a character too.  I thought I did everything right, but apparently I'm missing something?  Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get rid of the black screen?  Is there a way to fix this?  xD
I've already deleted and redownloaded the map pack, but this still happens.

I use Windows, by the way~

Moonglow

Re: Downloaded Map Pack, now black screen.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:38:52 pm »
This has happened to me before, when I had to redownload the game. What I did to get out was I clicked on the quill-like icon, then clicked reset home. This resets your home to bonfire island (atleast, it did for me). Then you click go to home, and you'll be at bonfire island. Problem solved!

Offline Maska

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:12:01 am »
and if it even goes so far as to NOT allow you to reset your home because it cant find the map file that is clearly in the game's files? then what? This issue is getting awfully irritating.

Moonglow

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 06:14:58 pm »
Try to re download feralheart, then do what I said

Moonglow

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 06:18:06 pm »
Wait, was the game working before, and you were on a downloaded map when you updated, or had you set a downloaded map as your home? try to redownload feralheart