Author Topic: Custom Mesh Wont Export  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Saii

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Custom Mesh Wont Export
« on: June 19, 2011, 03:16:21 am »
I followed this guildline exactly: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=7822.0

But when I get to the last step, it says "Failed to export object group Default!"

Any ideas on how to fix this? D:

Offline Saii

• View Profile
Re: Custom Mesh Wont Export
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 03:17:19 am »

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 09:04:16 pm »
In object maker, load the objects that occur in your map but save them in a new objects list. Something easy to remember. Do this for every object that appears in the new map.

When all are converted to the new map, in the files for feral heart find the folder for your map and open it's object list. Every new mesh is listed as [location/name]. change the location to match the new object list you just created. save your changes.

Open the new map in mapmaker. If objects fail to appear, there is a spelling error in the object file for the map. Correct it if such an error occured.

If everything is as it should be (all meshes appear where you had them originally) then re-export the map.

When creating a new map, and you intend to export it for sharing, you MUST create a new objects list. You can NOT export the default objects.

Offline Saii

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 12:39:03 am »
Ill just give up on this, I tried to save it in a named group or it and it still says failed to export x.x