Author Topic: Error Going To Main Menu  (Read 2643 times)

Aero

Error Going To Main Menu
« on: June 21, 2011, 05:24:56 am »
So... There's an issue going on when after the two fading images, the game crashes on the transition to the main menu.
Footage of what did happen..- FH Glitch
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, no luck. I know I had a post before with a code that may have helped, but it got deleted as a useless post.
Any idea's on this? :C

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Error Going To Main Menu
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 06:15:24 am »
Have you tried going into the ogre.cfg inside the FH folder. Changing the rendering submode to Direct3D9 instead of OpenGL. Then saving it trying again? (Most basic thing you can try)
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Aero

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:17:51 am »
Have you tried going into the ogre.cfg inside the FH folder. Changing the rendering submode to Direct3D9 instead of OpenGL. Then saving it trying again? (Most basic thing you can try)
Yeah. I opened it with Notepad and it's pretty much at default... Same result as before.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 06:20:39 am »
Just need to double check:

By default the cfg has it set to OpenGL, and that rendering mode can cause problems on some systems. Did you change the top row of the cfg to this

Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

and then saved the cfg and tried to launch the game again?

Aero

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 06:28:26 am »
Just need to double check:

By default the cfg has it set to OpenGL, and that rendering mode can cause problems on some systems. Did you change the top row of the cfg to this

Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

and then saved the cfg and tried to launch the game again?
Yes. I tried again, but no change. :c

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 06:35:03 am »
Don't get any errors of some sort that might explain why it's doing this?

I spose one thing you can try is that you right click the FH icon. Choose properties.Find the compatibility tab.

Try to run the game in windows xp, service pack 2, run it as administrator and disable visual themes. Not because this should fix it, but it's always worth a try.

I'm no fully sure how you're meant to fix this problem actually.

When you reinstalled the game, you also removed the game completely from the control panel first right? and you also redownloaded "New" installers and installed the game with those?

I'm not sure if this would help, but have you updated your graphic card drivers lately? wouldn't hurt trying.

Aero

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:39:18 am »
Don't get any errors of some sort that might explain why it's doing this?

I spose one thing you can try is that you right click the FH icon. Choose properties.Find the compatibility tab.

Try to run the game in windows xp, service pack 2, run it as administrator and disable visual themes. Not because this should fix it, but it's always worth a try.

I'm no fully sure how you're meant to fix this problem actually.

When you reinstalled the game, you also removed the game completely from the control panel first right? and you also redownloaded "New" installers and installed the game with those?

I'm not sure if this would help, but have you updated your graphic card drivers lately? wouldn't hurt trying.
I uninstalled it using "unist000.exe" and then re-downloading from the Official Downloads page. Was there another way I should have downloaded it?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 06:43:02 am »
No not really, only thing might would have been using torrent instead of direct download if you didn't. Direct download sometimes give out broken installers that can give all sorts of weird errors. Not sure it would help though.

Aero

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 06:52:22 am »
No not really, only thing might would have been using torrent instead of direct download if you didn't. Direct download sometimes give out broken installers that can give all sorts of weird errors. Not sure it would help though.
Tried the Torrent.. same result as always.. Thanks for trying to help nonetheless! c:

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 06:55:20 am »
Have you tried installing/updating the drivers for your graphics card? That sometimes helps aswell