Author Topic: Map Stealing?  (Read 1769 times)

wolfgirl56

Map Stealing?
« on: June 21, 2011, 09:29:42 pm »
Ok, I was in my group map with my friends, talking randomly over emotes and such, when one of my friends Thistle, she said "Do we have a member with the username of 300Spartans?" and my other friend and I said "No." And I asked Thistle why, and she said because that user got into our map and left. My other friend said he saw him too. He posted a warning on our topic, although, this never happened the first time.
A while ago, in May or something, a user named Volitaire or something like that, busted into our map, and he was like"Oh, this is a public map, blah blah. I made it." And then, our LEADER of the group got into the map, and banned Volitaire, but this in return, got Hero banned for no reason. Oh yeah, Volitaire doesn't even know who our leader is, so he's claiming he made it even though our leader fully owns the map. What should we do to keep our map safe without having people busting in who aren't in our group and claiming that they made it? First of all, our leader took down the map download in May, now another person got in, though it is possible because I asked the leader for the map download on our site, and it could've been that 300Spartans got into our site and found it.
Are there any ways to keep our map from being downloaded by accident or any ways to hide the map download from other people so they don't get into the map?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:54:59 pm by ~*~Crystal~*~ »

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
Re: Map Stealing?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:08:28 pm »
You could put a password on the .rar file.

wolfgirl56

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »
Ok, that was the leader's idea, but he is away at vacation now.

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 10:14:28 pm »
Yeah, that usually helps. B/c a person can download the .rar file, but the can't open it! :)

wolfgirl56

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 10:20:24 pm »
Yeah, that usually helps. B/c a person can download the .rar file, but the can't open it! :)
Yep, that's what the leader was planning. ;D

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 03:42:15 pm »
If you/they are using mediafire, you/they can make the download itself have a password. Then others can't download at all unless you give them a password. (just....don't make it an obvious one that's easy to guess lol)