Author Topic: Map maker doesn't accept heighmap  (Read 1763 times)

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
Map maker doesn't accept heighmap
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:00:39 pm »
Yesterday I made a new map.
Everything was fine. The heightmap was in the map already and working. but because I wasn't
so happy with the outcome, I made changes today. So I placed the new heightmap in the map folder.
But when I wanted to load my map to look at the result, he just closes the game, saying that there was a fault.

can happen, but now he does it all the time. I already took another heightmap to see if it was a fault in the game,
but he accepts my other heightmap.
So now I made a complete new heightmap, new file. But still he doesn't want to accept it. Each time I load my
map, the game just closes himself.

This is really not funny. Yesterday everything was fine and now he makes trouble. I already deleted
the complete map folder and everything related to it and remade the map, but he still gives trouble.
So I guess the problem must be something with the heightmap itself, but I already made a complete new one, new
file, not using the old file. but he still closes my game.

Is there something I can do? because this drives me nuts. now that I finaly have time to work at my map, the idiot thing doesn't want to work.

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
Re: Map maker doesn't accept heighmap
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 03:28:15 pm »
Maybe the heightmap was too big?

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 03:33:33 pm »
It was the same size as my other maps

though i fixed it ... for the moment. i guess there was just something wrong with that file.
I took an old heightmap and place the new one over it, now he accept it ... let us hope he keeps accepting it.

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 03:46:12 pm »
Ok, well. It has happen same thing for me to x3

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »
Good to hear it works.
Here is some info, assuming that you have it 513x513 pixels and in grayscale:

Sometimes FH is weird like this, and won't except one format. So let's say you have it saved as a .png. Try switching to a .jpg.

If switching that doesn't work, then select it all, copy it, and close out the program, so you see no template, only the standard background. Then paste it in there, and flatten the image. That way, it's only 1 layer, and it's flattened. Then save that over your original .png and .jpg, then test it in map maker.

There are more solutions, but these are most common.

Offline GotaCacel

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 04:05:05 pm »
Good to hear it works.
Here is some info, assuming that you have it 513x513 pixels and in grayscale:

Sometimes FH is weird like this, and won't except one format. So let's say you have it saved as a .png. Try switching to a .jpg.

If switching that doesn't work, then select it all, copy it, and close out the program, so you see no template, only the standard background. Then paste it in there, and flatten the image. That way, it's only 1 layer, and it's flattened. Then save that over your original .png and .jpg, then test it in map maker.

There are more solutions, but these are most common.

I keep that in mind :)