Author Topic: WHAT IF!!1!  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Fishlioness9565

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • It scares me
    • View Profile
WHAT IF!!1!
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:57:20 am »
what if back in 2013 when THE general chat was shut down

what if

the party chat and the group chat were removed instead  ??? ??? ??? ??? 8)

that would mean only the local chat the general chat and the wisper chat would be available!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

i have to wake up in 6 hours
a potatoe only gets baked if you bake it
you only live once you die
when you fall, pick yourself back up
unless up is happiness then you just toss yourself back down
people don't think the universe be like it is, but it do

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT IF!!1!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 04:10:18 am »
It would....honestly be quite upsetting. There wouldn't be any chats for just a group of people. Meaning you couldn't talk privately with more than one person at a time and that's.....it's not very fun I'll tell you that.

Offline GucchiOxygen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I know the things not worth being known that are
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 04:24:17 am »
That is a gud idea yo! More people talkin in da game! :D then make hunting okkkkk???!!!!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 01:45:20 pm »
Yes, it would be very frustrating if the party chat gets removed. You wouldn't be able to send a party chat request for closed conversations anymore and you would be practically forced to use applications, such as Skype and Discord.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 02:50:15 pm »
I hate to disagree... I mean hey it's nice that you try to come up with new ideas for the game but if the chat sections were switched like that, there would be a waterfall of people talking, and you wouldn't even have the time to read the relevant messages (e.g.messages you're mentioned in, your friend's messages, or messages from people who are in need for help!)
Don't you see that would be pretty stupid? Also there's a good reason behind party chat and group chat: It's so people can have private conversations with each other. It would (as Valhayes and Azura mentioned) be absurd, complicated, confusing AND frustrating at the same time, if you could only do private talk with one person at a time.
If you didn't know this, General chat was permanently removed in public maps due to the lack of faith in people. There were a waterfall of spams, CAPSLOCK lines, and unnecessary nonsense messages. It was a real problem because General flooded the chat (meaning it was difficult to read the necessary messages in for example Whisper, Local, Group, ect. ...)
I really apologize for my mean and harsh tone here, but I just don't think you've put real efforts and thoughts to this idea. :l
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:01:13 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 06:15:21 pm »
General flooded the chat (meaning it was difficult to read the necessary messages in for example Whisper, Local, Group, ect. ...)
General was a very useful chat in that it showed the messages from anyone in the map, Local only shows a limited distance of messages...
New Idea: Make Local chat have unlimited range (Local would then be 'Local' to the map you are in.)
This would make it feel like more people were on since you'd see ppl talking even though they were far away and it would allow mods to see what everyone is saying in Local, no matter the distance... Being Local, it would also keep the Lip Sync feature. ^.^
> But it is just an idea.

Also... I do not understand the logic behind removing the General chat. from what I can tell it was removed because ppl spammed and used it to chat instead of Local? By the same logic Local should have been disabled as well...
> Here's something people should know; The chats can be /toggled in the game/ at will so that you can read messages from only the chats you want to see.
> I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, I'm just thinking out loud. <3
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 06:33:27 pm »
Whispering a bunch of people at the same time is hard work, and it is made even harder by the lack of Copy-and-Paste.

(Local would then be 'Local' to the map you are in.)
When I started playing FH, I wondered why Local wasn't that.
After my return, I started seeing what sense Local's name made. Local chat is heard by anyone within earshot, it is the area around you(or, the local area if you think of areas as parts of a map). I'm not guaranteeing that this is the reason behind the name "Local chat", but it's a good hypothesis to me.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 06:40:20 pm »
Local as a whole map would be like general again, and slightly chaotic.  Right now local is more like, visible distance.  Probably why it's the only one with lip synch.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 07:48:31 pm »
General flooded the chat (meaning it was difficult to read the necessary messages in for example Whisper, Local, Group, ect. ...)
General was a very useful chat in that it showed the messages from anyone in the map, Local only shows a limited distance of messages...
You're right! Now that I think about it... It only make some difference if a map were enormous... Like, so there were (for example) 2 local chats in the map you know what I mean? (Like it wouldn't be the same players talking in the local chat if you for example went to the opposite corner of the map).
Now, I'm not fully aware of what I'm saying here but: I think it would be at least confusing if people could `hearĀ“ each other all over a huge map. It would most likely be two very different conversations right next to each other in one... You know? Ugh it's hard for me to explain myself here since I'm danish, but I hope you understand me ;_;
doing what i feel like

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 08:15:02 pm »
I've seen people use movie clips to communicate across cherika valley recently.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"