Author Topic: [~Supportive Idea's for Community Issues~]  (Read 34928 times)

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
Re: Unethical or Awareness ? - Less Moan - More Support.
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »
No one is bashing here -- one can not improve themselves without someone telling them what they are doing wrong. So I apologize if it SEEMS like bashing -- rightfully, it is not.

And a reporter at leasts reports, we reported when the actual staff here did not report.

And, this isn't a news station / paper. We are giving out information as it is given. Even the best of reporters can make mistakes or give out WIP information. Gameinformer gives out information on games IN PROGRESS. This was an update IN PROGRESS. We reported the truth at the time, as anyone else does.

And no information is one hundred percent true unless it is a fact in stone, and these can not be facts in stone since this game is constantly, I assume, being worked on.

Please get your facts straight. ^^
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Hiccupby

« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »
I agree that a "game journal" would help a lot with this restless community of ours ^^.  But can we pretty please with sugar on top stop sniping at eachother? PLEASE?

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2011, 10:40:58 pm »
No one is sniping at each other -- we're stating things. :3

If I seem to be coming off as rude, that's just me being honest, guys. ~
I can try to seem less 'rude' - but I won't be less honest. x3

And yeah, the game journal idea DOES seem nice.
As long, as I said, they actually do stuff with it.

Such as a bi-weekly update. Even when there is NOTHING to report, they should post saying "Nothing new! (:"
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Babe

« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2011, 09:12:14 pm »
*blinks*

Oh wow. Has all of this been required? I have shifted through and examined all of the posts, claims, arguments at hand, and while I am in no position to make a ultimate decision or give a final solution, I do think that neither side here has done much good in taking a step forward in helping anything here.

As to why Raz held back the patch, I do not know. However, if you glance at the announcement and Game Help section, there's a lot being said in terms that the patch gives errors and problems. Maybe that was his reasoning for holding it back? A kind word for Razmirz on this thread or another to clear things up could help out a lot, here. ^^

Clearly, he had some reason for holding back the patch and telling no one. Good or not is up for each individual person to decide for themselves. I personally think whatever reason it was, as long as not for personal gain, was a good enough reason.

As for the whole Kovu thing. Everyone has their ups and downs. I don't think the information he shared was meant to go public. Did anyone even ask him if he was okay with having that information told in a update of any sort? Sometimes I think some of you are worse than paparazzi stalking a celebrity. =/

Now, instead of bashing and pointing out what a "bad" job that Raz, Kov, and the staff do; why not give solutions, a lot of solutions and ideas. There are plenty I can think of, so I'm sure others can think of ideas as well.

Like someone said, there could be a "Game Journal" where weekly / bi-monthly updates are listed. Nothing too big, such as "OMG GUYS NEW SPECIES!" (I think big updates like THAT would be a lovely surprise ^^) but small, important issues. Such as the fhz. files being hacked. It would have been nice to know of that before the patch was released (but maybe they had planned to tell us, from what I can tell, Raz posted it only because of an announcement or two on another forum, and spreading of this news. But for future reference, it would be very helpful to know these sort of things.
Maybe in this board, Razmirz can keep a small log of when the server is up or down, how the sites server is going, and give us some interesting, for fun information from time to time if he feels like it. =]
I can not see as to why these two men can not work together. If there is any issue between them, they could easily avoid each other as much as possible, and professionally discuss the game to server and server to game happenings, what information can be released, and all things along those lines. ~

While this all seems to have been a small issue blown way out of proportion, causing some unnecessary drama; I think we should learn from it and better prepare all of ourselves to do a better job in the future.

Be it informing the community in a proper way and in good time, or supporting our staff team, server hoster, and game coder/creator. x3

Hiccupby

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2011, 12:54:49 am »
thank you owl feesh ^_^, that was a very well-put reminder for me to stay civil and on topic- and it was probably a good reminder for others too.  I think before we get down to havin' fun updates we should get some anti-troll stuff put in first? I also think that most potential ideas/ solutions have been well-covered by responders to this topic ^_^

Ritza

« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2011, 01:26:32 am »
I agree with you Higby, you make an excellent point as well. So what type of anti-troll stuff can you guys think of? What would be useful and friendly that would make trolls be more careful/stop trolling?

Hiccupby

« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2011, 02:07:37 am »
rules showing more often are a definite start- and a revamp of the reporting system too.  Also a little test when you sign up to show you READ the rules.  Adding some more mods to report to in the first place would be helpful too ^^, and a ciezure in the spamming of the ingame mods we already have too

Twiliac

« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2011, 02:12:58 am »
1) More In-Game mods. I'm sure most agreed to this.
2) A list of the rules, or a quiz when you sign up on the forum. The quiz - You'd have to get around 90% or so, to pass, so you can actually make the account. If you fail after so many times, say five. Your blocked/unable to make an account for an x amount of hours.
3) A box pops up, after you create your first character In-Game. Rules listing 1 through 10, ect.
4) Hm. I'd say the current mods (if possible) be more active in each of the public maps (At lest one mod, per map.). At lest a few hours each day. Early morning, Mid after noon, Late at night. Or even, assign some mods for the said parts of the day. Such as a Day mod, Afternoon Mod, Night mod.
5) Maybe a time limit on posting In-Game, say if you post something. There's a thirty to one minute timer until you can post again. Wow (World Of Warcraft) has this, it helps reduce spam.

All I can think of, at the moment. :c.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:21:26 am by Twilia »

Hiccupby

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2011, 02:22:06 am »
those are probably all we can really do without making the game too censored and unfun for those that are following the rules ^^. Let's get on it!

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2011, 02:23:18 am »
I like number 5 twilia, except that would get a little annoying for me when I RP, I like to RP paragraph's, and they don't always fit in one post, so I would have to wait to post the rest of my RP post... But it's still a good idea.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho