Author Topic: onclick ads  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
onclick ads
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:47:59 am »
For some reason, every time I go on this site, I always get these 'onclick ads' new tabs popping up, many of which have this annoying dialogue thing that won't let me close out of the tab until like 5 minutes.

and it is /only/ FH that does this, which gives me reason to believe it's some kind of ad thing that FH uses, kind of like turning every single link into adf.ly

if this is something you can get rid of, please do. it's extremely aggravating and I'm really tired of getting these popups every time I go on the site.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: onclick ads
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 08:53:12 am »
I'm experiencing those as well and it's sometimes only with firefox when before it was almost always chrome. You could try taking a screenshot ( a full one so Raz can see the time ) and then sending it his way to he could track it down(?)
Some people use adblock or something to that nature and it works for them. But ja, those ads can be a bit tedious.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Raddlegoose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:32:09 pm »
  Maybe, you should follow Hakumi's advice, and yes those get very annoying after a while. (I have the same problem)

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 03:50:26 pm »
I know that Raz is currently messing with the advertisements that are appearing on the site, and although annoying, the pop up ads are probably necessary for the upkeep of the game. Ads are only supposed to pop up every few hours upon your return to the site after your last visit, but if you are getting them more frequently then that, then I would take Haku's advice and notify Raz about them. You could also try disabling pop-ups through your web browser settings or installing an ad block program.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 12:46:44 am »
The ads are part of how this site is paid for, sometimes they appear a bit too often but that's something that's being worked on. Generally they should only appear once every hour, if it appears more than that, then I would suggest letting one of the staff members know along with a screenshot.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 01:01:40 am »
First, I should inform you that it is necessary for us to use ads on the website because it keeps it free for you to play and use at your disposal. The ads are necessary for you to play. We are aware that there are a few pop-ups that are on the website currently, but as mentioned above, we have recently revamped the forum to a completely updated version and Raz has been working hard to make sure that the major aspects are working as they should; It is not as simple as you may think. With a new forum update, it is expected that there will be a few minor derps that need to be taken care of, and we will be doing our best to handle these situations as they come. I would suggest not clicking or going to any of the sites advertised with the pop-ups, however.

if this is something you can get rid of, please do. it's extremely aggravating and I'm really tired of getting these popups every time I go on the site.

If it is unbearable for you, you do not have to visit the website or play the game. Raz is aware of the recent pop-ups, and we shall be doing what we can to keep them to a minimum. Hopefully this clears up your question.

I'll also move this over to the Site + Forum Help board, since this seems more to be a concern with an issue rather than a community discussion.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:03:48 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 01:50:36 pm »
I understand ads in general are needed, yeah, and I'm perfectly fine with most ads on the site. But what I'm annoyed with is being linked to "SPIN THE LUCKY WHEEL!" websites that always have this "Are you sure you want to leave" dialogue I have to close before I can even close the tab, or "YOU HAVE A VIRUS!" websites that beep loudly and won't let me close out of the tab for 5 minutes, so I'm sitting there trying to leave and the same dialogue box keeps popping up. Like, no, I'm not going to call a Microsoft technician because I know it's a scam to get me to pay for virus cleaning services I don't need that won't even work, and no, I'm not going to spin the wheel, because I know that is also a scam.

I mean, the other ads are fine- like the little rectangular ad boxes on the sides and bottom of the site and etc. But are popup ads really necessary, especially ones that aren't even really ads?

I mean, I don't mind seeing the little rectangular box advertising "Unlimited Ninja", but onclickads is really annoying.

Also, they have been there for a long time, not just with the new site updates.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:29 pm »
Well again, you can try messaging Raz about the issue because it might've been overlooked if it's not important.

I don't have any issues when it comes to the pop ups, they don't make me choose and answer or whatever before I'm allowed to 'x' out like what you're describing, nor does it have me sit there for 5 minutes before I'm allowed to do anything else. Are you sure you don't have anything already on your computer that could be virus related or something?

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7