Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 5799 times)

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Portal 2
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 11:16:39 pm »
I'm going to die a horrible, painful death for this but..
Portal 2 is mediocre at best to me. Worse than the first game, anyway, but sequels are never better.
Portal 2 has a nice storyline, and of course so quirky, fun moments. It was also significantly longer, which could have been cut down a little for the sake of my short patience (but admittedly the length was perfect for the story advancement.)

The new gameplay elements are great, but near the end of the game it's like the designers couldn't make up their mind if the different puzzles should be hard or easy, which was stupid, it just kept switching between the two difficulties.

For me, it's worth it to play once, but I still didn't find it as OMG AMAZING as everyone says. Maybe if I ever get a buddy on Steam to play Co-op with me that'll make me change my mind on it, but that's doubtful. I'm pretty stubborn. xP

100% disagreement here. IMO portal 2 was 'OMG AMAZING'. And I believe it WAS better than the first. The characters become more fleshed out, we got a lot more back-story, and everything was more detailed and cleaner than the first game. I mean, not even looking at the game-play, the story was freaking great. I loved the characters and every time one spoke I waited eagerly for their most-likely hilarious lines.
Of course, the game-play was also good. I had a lot of fun figuring out the new puzzles, and all of the new mechanics made it a lot more fun for me (gels, beam bridges, hermit cubes, etc). The length was also good, imo. It had a normal length single player campaign, about 7 hours? And the multiplayer only made for more puzzle solving fun.
As for the puzzles switching between difficult and not so much, I think that, that is more just your skill level. Somethings are easier for some people to figure out than others. Unless you are talking about the very beginning of Wheatly's tests. Of course THOSE were stupid easy, Wheatly made them, lol.

Anyways, just wanted to put my disagreement up. Not gonna de-karma you or anything stupid like that. I respect your opinion  8)

Oh yeah, NEED to post this here for ya'll!!
Spoilers!! Dont watch if you dont want to be spoiled!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=210-Q6dpHdk
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:32:58 pm by Ghosting »

Rukata

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 01:59:11 am »
As for the puzzles switching between difficult and not so much, I think that, that is more just your skill level. Somethings are easier for some people to figure out than others. Unless you are talking about the very beginning of Wheatly's tests. Of course THOSE were stupid easy, Wheatly made them, lol.

Yeah..
I blame it on my Asberger's Syndrome! I'm smart and I hate people Raaaawgh! -brick'd-
And no, I'm not talking about the biggest-moron-who-ever-lived's puzzles. Just to clarify LOL.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 04:18:33 am »
Ah, I see.

In other news, your sig = oddly appropriate  XD

Rukata

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 04:24:00 am »
Yes, I noticed that. Made me laugh a little to myself after I posted my first reply. XD
"Portal 2 is alright.."

"DEAL WITH IT."

Offline Tsume

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Err, I'm supposed to Eat ... That !?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 01:42:23 pm »
I so Love Portal, it took me 48hrs to completely complete the first one. I have got halfway through Portal 2. I have to say I so love all the Song especially the end credits song. Jonathan Coulton is a Legend!

Portal 2: End Credits Song 'Want You Gone'

Portal 2: End Credits Song 'Want You Gone' by Jonathan Coulton [1080p HD]

Portal 1: Credits Song 'Still Alive'

Portal - Credits Song 'Still Alive'

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • hasnt been on for 2 years wow
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 09:37:04 pm »
;_; I dont want it to end~ Seriously, I have no idea what chapter it ends on DONT TELL ME But its extremely entertaining :D I hope they make a Portal 3 >:D

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 09:43:28 pm »
  I hope to play it for the first time today! My brother bought it and I haven't had teh chance to play yet, so wish me luck!

I blame it on my Asberger's Syndrome! I'm smart and I hate people Raaaawgh! -brick'd-

^0^ We is the same! Go aspergers!

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 06:06:08 pm »
I just finished the game! XD i can not help myself from thinking about that little robot thing saying, "I'm in space. SPPPAACCEE!" XD i luv it!
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!