Poll

Should I add accesories?

Yes
19 (76%)
No
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Wolf game being made  (Read 10285 times)

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf game being made
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 11:35:01 pm »
LOLOL SLY <3

And yes, this will be slightly negative.

No I won't take it down as it is my right to have it here.

..But why are so many people attempting to make games based off scratch when they know so little? <'D

Because... I honestly don't know. Also that's not a negative comment. Negative for me is the THIS GAME SUCKS!!! STUPID FAIL blah. Seriously those people can get a life.

Eh well in fiesta they got the right to rage out on us. If your in there stay out of battle zones at low level. I was lv 1 and they didn't let me leave. You know why? "LOOK AT THE NOOB EASY FOR ALL!!!" I waited for night and then got out.

Edit: Try not to double post, please use the edit button next time. Thanks! ^^ ~arsenicCatnip
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:53:42 pm by arsenicCatnip »

The liar and the thief

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 12:00:44 am »
Well, a lot goes into a making a game and often people don't realize just how much time and effort, and sometimes, yes, even money has to go into these things. You should get yourself together a team of reliable, honest people who can prove they can work on these sort of things, sketch out plans and constantly talk it over.

Eh, either way, I wish you luck with your project.
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 12:14:32 am »
Oooooh a server to host online games is soooo expensive. Are you using a program to make it, or designing it from scratch? What coding will you be using?

Edit: Also, how are you hosting your game's website?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:16:32 am by Sameth »

slycan

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:33 am »
The Ultimate 3 Questions-

1- Do you have $3000 to spend ( monthly for server + $500 for maintenance and updates)

2- Do you have any coding knowledge for the engine your going to use ( and I've heard the whole ' I'm going to pay my cousin/friend to do it' excuse dozen times before. Look back at question 1. )

3- Do you have any 3D / Animation / Graphic Design skills? ( if your "going to learn it" then you might as well say no because these aren't something you learn in a day or 2. Go to college first. )

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 12:25:49 am »
@Karani: I plan to do full sail university. I might find people there. Anyway thanks. Hope to see you again in other chat forums.

@Sameth: I honestly don't know on both.

@Slycan:
1. No but I'm saving
2. No... :U
3. No >:C

Was that a shoot off?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:31:15 am by okami129 »

The liar and the thief

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 12:34:21 am »
No. Okami, that's knowledge you NEED to make a game. Without it, yeah, you don't have a chance.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 12:40:49 am »
Hmm, go into programming when you get the chance to take it. I know it'll put your game on hold longer (years), but part of the course it programming a small video game, which will be a big help.

Another thing you can do is learn to make flash games; It isn't multiplayer, but it is a great start, and really easy to learn online for free. (Flash isn't too expensive either).

If you're running Windows XP or 7, do a search for Rpg Maker Postality Knights and use that. It is a free download, however it IS hacked from another program you have to pay for, so it is up to your own morals if you plan to use it ( I personally paid for RPGmaker for Vista, and LOVE it). It has an easy to learn interface, and many people I know began learning Ruby coding through it.

There are a few other free programs you can use, but I can't remember right now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:42:46 am by Sameth »

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 12:53:06 am »
I was actually planning to hold it for years. :P Anyway I have windows XP but the computer sucks badly. Sam thank you big time. Also Gem I'm 14 so I will once I get older. It wont be long just 8 years worth wait or more.

The liar and the thief

Wudiin

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:02 am »
LOL Oh this'll be fun to watch.

Twiliac

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 01:18:13 am »
I was actually planning to hold it for years. :P Anyway I have windows XP but the computer sucks badly. Sam thank you big time. Also Gem I'm 14 so I will once I get older. It wont be long just 8 years worth wait or more.

14..? And making a game, programming and the rest? My lord. You have a lot of class to take, learning to do, let alone studying.

Other wise, right now, this is next to impossible.

Let me know when your in college...

//Not trying to be rude, a bit harsh maybe...but I tend to speak my mind.