Author Topic: Personal Life and FH  (Read 1801 times)

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
Personal Life and FH
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:59:08 am »
I never thought I would have to write this but it's gotten to the point I think I should. As you all know Feral Heart is a game that is filled with players of all different kinds that come from all different backgrounds. It can be a really fun game, but sometimes things are brought up that shouldn't be.

Quite often I have noticed people on Feral Heart bringing out their issues in public chat, such as a tragedy that has happened recently, often without being asked about it. This is often provoked by something being said in the chat that is related to such a thing. If something is bothering you in local chat, it's best to block the person saying it or to turn off local chat. If it's something that is very inappropriate for the game then it should be reported. I'm going to use an example to show something that happened recently on the chat that needs to be avoided. It's completely anonymous.

As I was going through the grounds, people were telling others not to say a specific word because it was a trigger word. As far as I remember, it was a simple word. They then began speaking about the anxiety and suicide attempts that they had done because of the word.

Now I understand that people have issues, and I understand some people help out others when it comes to these issues that are brought up in game. But speaking of these issues in a public chat is not okay. Remember, this is a game it's meant to be fun and void of serious issues outside of it. I'm not saying people shouldn't bring the issues up with their friends on Feral Heart in a private chat, but please refrain from using the public chat because it can cause people to become depressed.

Also, even in private chat I believe it's best if you understand that everyone has problems, and that it's important to not take advantage of the kindness of others. Remember that even if someone wants to help you, they don't exist just for you. Please refrain from threatening harm to yourself or anyone. If you truly are upset, then the best thing to do is to speak to someone whom you're very close to instead of bringing it into a game.

Now as I said, sometimes it can help to bring it out into the game. But please keep everyone in mind when you are doing such a thing, and keep it in a private chat.

I hope this helps with avoiding drama in the future.

(This is no way means that I wont help those who need it, I do my best to help others who have personal issues, but I'm really just saying this because not everyone wants to hear them. It's important to keep everyone in mind and remember that this is a game and not a place for therapy. This is also a safety thing because there are people out there who will use your issues against you and try to make you even more miserable. Remember to play safely.)

-DarkLustyHumor

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Personal Life and FH
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 05:15:01 am »
Ah, you've made a lot of points floof and I agree. I can't say that I am completely innocent of these things myself, but as I have grown up, I've come to respect that more and usually just keep issues like this with friends and outside of FeralHeart. And other players should too, just as you have said. Very nice topic.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 05:21:57 am »
Interesting topic to say the least and you have brought up some pretty good points here.
Sometimes players can't help but share because there are people whom want to express how they feel and they could easily get caught up in the moment and not usually think about the outcome until waaaay after it's already said and done. Sometimes people don't get that privilege to consult someone that's outside of the game to talk about this sort of thing because they alone can't trust people or they don't feel comfortable doing so.

Agreed, that this should be kept out of public chat and not be abused in a PM or something because even then, people could easily turn that against the person and it could escalate even more. Not saying it's entirely there fault, but this is a pretty vast world and not everyone can easily be trusted whether you be in the game or even OUTSIDE of the game and to those floofs, this might actually BE their therapy whether we should accept it or not.

We just have to be careful overall & matters like this might still arise in public chat no matter what can be said or done about it, because again, we're only humans, y'know? We sometimes feel the need to let everyone know because someone is going to be willing to try and help that person out whether it be in-game publicly, in private or even in the outside, real life world.

Of course this is just My Opinion ?

Interesting Topic All The Same Though ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:29:38 pm »
I thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention, friend. I've witnessed a lot of chats that had topics like these similar happening and to be honest, it started to put me in a gloomy mood. I'm a person that tries to help anyone to the best of my abilities, but I can't do that when you PARADE your problems in public you are saying it to get pity.
If you are having issues whether with family, school, friends, workplace or even something else entirely then you are welcome to seek comfort from someone, but keep it in a private chat and ask permission from that person to be able to vent your emotions to them. Not everyone wants to hear it and not everyone has time to sit down and talk it out.

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Kalaban

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • #TooLazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 03:06:08 pm »
Usually when I talk about bad experiences, which are in /no/ way close to how deep some of the things get, I do it so that people are comforted and feel better about myself. Say, I have depression, and I share my experiences so that other depressed people feel not alone. ^~^

But sometimes when people /parade/ those things around the whole map, yeah, I can see where you are going. It sometimes looks really like someone trying to find pity but you have to give them credit on trying to get help or emotional support /somewhere./ A bit of a cry for help, I guess.

Everyone thinks a little differently and this game /is/ made for almost-teenagers when they are going straight into their hard rock of puberty. This can make them dramatic, emotional, and an escalator for some things that could have been dealt with in-real-life.

I say we give these people a little support and talk about our own experiences, but in a less local place with other people whom were talking about similar things. This could help minimize the escalators and ees'
In-game Username: Kalaban

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:21:47 pm »
I wonder if this person actually had a trigger related to this word, or was another one of those tumblrites who get 'triggered'.

Now, I kind of like what you said, and you meant well, but you can't really do much about it.
People will talk about things they want to, they will speak their minds, whether it be hurtful or not is entirely up for interpretation.
If words hurt you, there's a simple fix: Don't go on games that use words.

I've legitimately tried to be, ah, 'friends', with people who behaved like that(Had ordinary words as triggers), but even when I tried to help them they just did not see reason and didn't seem to want to get over it. It may suck for some people to witness this kind of thing, but it's a fact of life.

Should this be in the Public Chats? Probably not, but it's gonna be there regardless.
You can't stop people from talking.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 07:44:58 pm »
or was another one of those tumblrites who get 'triggered'.

Probably that, like 94% chance.
But yeah if ppl like that bother me switching off local works nicely.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"