Author Topic: Disney abit to scary...?  (Read 9862 times)

Offline antherax

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Disney abit to scary...?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 10:05:14 pm »
They concept can sound scary at first, (souls, blah blah, evil souls and nannys,) but the way Disney does it where it is stupid, an try to make it funny at the same time. Then it just fails.
dead account

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • I am obssessed With Smile.Dog and Strider!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 04:53:37 am »
I rarely watch T.V anymore would you like to know why? THOSE LAUGHS THOSE STUPID LAUGHS AFTER EVERY LITTLE UNFUNNY JOKE THERE IS MY GOD WHY CAN'T THAT LAUGH BUTTON BREAK ALREADY!!?? Back on topic in my opinion no Disney movie is scary nowadays....Ok I admit that one Disney movie did creep me out...Alice in wonderland. I mean they sucked all the cutesy niceness out of it. Of course that's what made me love it. But the creepy parts were the Jabberwocky scene where she kills it now though when I watch it laugh my head off...I have a strange sense of humor

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 01:31:35 pm »
I honestly don't see any change much in Disney's productions. Though, that's just my opinion for I was always the one who got deep into those spine-chilling, jump-scare kind of stories/shows/movies so I guess what could be scary to you could be everyday normality to me.
gone

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 12:19:43 am »
I don't find any Disney movies scary.... well maybe except for one. The only Disney movie I ever found scary was The Black Cauldron. The villian in that movie pretty much defines scary o_O. No other Disney movie creeped me out more than the Black Cauldron. In fact, it is said that The Black Cauldron was the first PG animated Disney movie, due to the ghoulish content that was in it. I can see why this movie got such a contriversial rep for being too scary for kids, especially when the Horned King summoned up the army of the dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWAq4w1h--M

I can understand how some people find some of today's Disney movies to be scary. Some young kids have told me that Pirates of the Carribean scare them. The whole zombie pirate crew on a ghost ship is completely understandable when some younger audiance members say it's scary. When I first watched it, I never really found it scary at all.... but that's just me.
As for the Hunchback of Notre Dame, as some people have mentioned in this thread, I never really found it scary. I remember going to see it when it first came out in theaters back in 1995 or 1996. I never thought it was creepy, since I was too young to understand some of the subject matter in it. It wasn't until my teen years that I fully understood what the subject matter was really all about.

Do I think Disney is a bit too scary? Not to me. They have always made movies that had content that was labled as "scary". From the death of Bambi's mother, to the battle between Aladdin and Jafar, to Pirates battling zombies in the Carribean.
Inactive

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 04:49:26 am »
Look at the origonal Little Mermaid case, in the background at the castle. And several scenes in The Lion King. That's scary.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Sir Equius

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 01:29:09 am »
Look at the origonal Little Mermaid case, in the background at the castle. And several scenes in The Lion King. That's scary.

Are you talking about the subliminal messages? If so, that's not scary that's just.... okay, maybe it is scary in a way o_O

Koolwolfe

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 06:09:58 am »
Nah Disney ain't scary ^^ But some were like WTH? X3

Offline lugailover

• Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 08:31:38 am »
Disney died. The Disney tv channel has just. Died.
Nuff said.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 08:53:10 am »
I must agree with Poppy 100%. The Disney TV channel has fallen into the pits of vile.
gone

Offline lugailover

• Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 09:04:53 am »
I must agree with Poppy 100%. The Disney TV channel has fallen into the pits of vile.

It's just, Good God the sheer badness of the jokes!

Also, it's Lugai by the way, I just go as poppy to some other people. I prefer Lugai. :3