Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 55524 times)

Lucius

Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2018, 12:27:58 am »
Well, you know what? If these are our last days as a community, then may I just say that it's been splendid knowing you all, and I wish you all nothing but good fortunes ahead.

I also think that this is the most active I've seen the forum in years... Some people who haven't been on in years have come to comment on this thread.

Safe travels everyone.

Offline Fifteen

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • yello
    • 15Barkers
    • channel/UC7c12IAk4e4Il7pcg-BapFg
    • fllfteen
    • fifteenislame/
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2018, 12:39:48 am »
Listen I haven’t posted here in y e a r s but I still check up on this game’s progress, because you know what? It’s dear to my heart. This is one of the first online communities I joined and it helped begin my journey to becoming who I am today and getting where I am today.
But now FeralHeart kind of feels like a joke?
Not the entire community, obviously, and not the entire staff team - I must say, by the way, your failure to even discuss something like this with them? That’s outright laughable. Nice job at being an administrator, I suppose?
This is a bigger community full of younger people. They need someone to moderate them; with around two-hundred players online a day you can’t just sit back and let them do whatever they’d like, because not all of them are trustworthy. Plus, you have staff here to be staff. I’m pretty sure they want the job, or otherwise they’d quit?
If anything, Raz, your way of handling FH is just...shameful, honestly. Hell, you may even just be posting this thread as a ‘community experiment’ to get some laughs, who knows? But suggesting something like this is, clearly, going to cause an uproar. Not because of the suggestion alone, but because of how you so nonchalantly throw the idea itself forward.
It makes FeralHeart seem like a joke rather than one of the most popular online MMORPGs out there, don’t you think? I, for one, would think an admin would want their game to succeed and that they would put every inch of effort into it.
If you ain’t gonna handle things the way they need to be handled, maybe you need to retire.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2018, 12:42:22 am »
I agree. I grew up with FeralHeart and never hoped in a million years to see such a thing happen. The nostalgia and attachment I feel to this game is too real to put into words. And I met a ton of good friends (and continue to) here. I remember coming home from elementary school to play this game. Is this what Kovu would have wanted? A complete disaster? Even with the answer being yes. He left the game. Kudos to all the staff for the hard work they are doing. And to Raz. I have a simple question.
Why?

Offline kaii

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • the boobear
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2018, 12:44:33 am »

Offline RoloWagon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • iBadge
    • a-harp-puff
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2018, 12:49:45 am »
To Raz,

I've been on FeralHeart for six years, and have seen the game through a lot of ups and downs. Not once have I posted on the forums to my knowledge, but this has drawn me out. Not only to support the staff team, but to also ask why this happened and what led to this decision.

I understand that you own the servers, and that at the end of the day, you pay for this game to exist. But if you have no interest in it, or its community, any longer, then why not try to find a way to hand it off to people who can and are willing to manage it? Perhaps I'm reading into things, but it seems to me like you simply don't want to deal with the FH community anymore. And I understand that, I really do. It can be tiring to deal with. But this is a terrible idea, and if you're really that tired of being in charge and letting the staff team do their jobs and help this community, then find a means of handing it off maturely and peacefully.

I honestly can't understand the logic behind this choice other than wanting to see people get angry and suffer. And that's no way to run a community, let alone live a life. But I hope you reconsider. For the staff team, and for the community as a whole.

-- RoloWagon, aka Badge

Offline kewlkiera

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • kewlkiera.exe has stopped working
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2018, 12:54:47 am »

Everything that I wanted to say has already been said by others.
If you want to know how to kill a community, this is the way to do it. 10/10.
The first principle of managing a community is communicating. You do not go behind the community's back to implement "surprises" that you think they'd like. You especially do NOT go behind your own staff's backs to implement said "surprises" who have had YOUR back when you're unable to physically be a part of that community to manage it.
I'm disgusted. I was disgusted by general chat's removal without that communication with the community, but I'm especially disgusted by the fact that you may have thought in any way that this was a good idea. Did you honestly expect positive feedback from having absolute anarchy within the game?

Offline amber501

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Is probably in the wrong section
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2018, 12:59:20 am »
I've never seen a proper, functioning game not have moderators.

Feral Heart is extremely special to the entire community still dedicated to it. I like many others have been trying very hard to adjust to the new version of it because I want to still see this game prosper with a new generation that will hopefully make it better. Removing moderation would do the opposite of that. There's no doubt people would abuse the ban system just because they didn't like someone. It's a very bad idea.

We appreciate you working hard to keep the game alive, but this is certainly not the way to do it.
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline Kawoie

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2018, 12:59:36 am »
raz if you literally look at all this feedback from your community and still choose not to listen.......

Offline WWolverine

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2018, 01:04:50 am »
I avoid the forum 110% of the time, but this is just too fun

Everyone is bringing up "how bad of an idea this is!" I'm going to be the firs to point out that Raz probably knew this was a bad idea before anyone told them. Do you really think a GM who has been in charge for longer than I have been on FH (I've been on FH a lot longer than my account would lead you to believe) would look at this and go "oh yes, this is /the/ good idea." I just don't think that would happen. It also makes no sense that Raz would not tell the mods about this if they really thought it was a good idea. Someone who thinks they have a great idea would be more than willing to share it with their subordinates. Also Raz never did say they thought it was a good idea, they said "interesting" idea.

With that being said, haven't any of you thought that Raz is probably doing this because it is a bad idea? I hate to speculate, but after such a long time of working so hard for something with little to no payback.. I would want it to end to. Why not let it tear itself apart rather than hit the button to shut it all down; leaving everyone confused as to why it stopped? 

Now even though I said all of this, I really don't think anything about it is good, nor do I want FH to go away from this. I'm just pointing out that Raz probably knows all to well how bad this idea is

I'm
Rolling over here haha!
I've been on FH since I was about 14-15 years of age (let's say around 2011-2012; this might be the right or wrong account HAHA!) and I've not once posted on a forum for anything (I think?) so this might be my first C'8
I agree right here that with how long Raz has been here, most likely they already know its a terrible idea, but as stated it was never suggested as a 'good' idea. Such in all truth, it's interesting on its own, but most likely will end in chaos and ruins. Such is how the game might end? Who knows!
If somehow it ends the way it is...WHELP it happened 8'D
But we as the people can make the changes right?
Well its up to everyone and their choice
Mine right now? To sit back and watch the bombs fly c'8

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2018, 01:14:59 am »
I haven’t gotten on this game in a very long time but... this is just sad. The worst part is you didn’t even contact your staff team on this. Ridiculous. A terrible decision. It’s not going to solve anything.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!