Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 55504 times)

Offline AntsyCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "No Rain no Flowers"
    • deviantart.com/antsycat
    • https://twitter.com/antsy_cat
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2018, 10:34:28 pm »
I avoid the forum 110% of the time, but this is just too fun

Everyone is bringing up "how bad of an idea this is!" I'm going to be the firs to point out that Raz probably knew this was a bad idea before anyone told them. Do you really think a GM who has been in charge for longer than I have been on FH (I've been on FH a lot longer than my account would lead you to believe) would look at this and go "oh yes, this is /the/ good idea." I just don't think that would happen. It also makes no sense that Raz would not tell the mods about this if they really thought it was a good idea. Someone who thinks they have a great idea would be more than willing to share it with their subordinates. Also Raz never did say they thought it was a good idea, they said "interesting" idea.

With that being said, haven't any of you thought that Raz is probably doing this because it is a bad idea? I hate to speculate, but after such a long time of working so hard for something with little to no payback.. I would want it to end to. Why not let it tear itself apart rather than hit the button to shut it all down; leaving everyone confused as to why it stopped? 

Now even though I said all of this, I really don't think anything about it is good, nor do I want FH to go away from this. I'm just pointing out that Raz probably knows all to well how bad this idea is
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:19:58 pm by AntsyCat »

Find me on my character Antsy or within the rp The Wild Woods!~

I'm always open to pms or whispers on FH!

Discord: Antsycat #3203

Offline Valrin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • thos beans.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2018, 10:36:11 pm »
I hope this is bait.

IF IT IS BAIT I AM GOING TO CRY REAL TEARS

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2018, 10:38:51 pm »
So can we just sit back and marvel at how this was done but according to everyone 'General' chat was too bad and needed to be removed? How is this any better? Like if you're doing this, why not give General a chat channel a chance again too?

I can't be the only FH 'veteran' still missing the channel in public default FH maps?

Not going to lie, the salt is still very much there.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2018, 10:39:09 pm »

Everyone is bringing up "how bad of an idea this is!" I'm going to be the firs to point out that Raz probably knew this was a bad idea before anyone told them. Do you really think a GM who has been in charge for longer than I have been on FH (I've been on FH a lot longer than my account would lead you to believe) would look at this and go "oh yes, this is /the/ good idea." I just don't think that would happen. It also makes no sense that Raz would not tell the mods about this if they really thought it was a good idea. Someone who thinks they have a great idea would be more than willing to share it with their subordinates. Also Raz never did say they thought it was a good idea, they said "interesting" idea.

With that being said, haven't any of you thought that Raz is probably doing this because it is a bad idea? I hate to speculate, but after such a long time of working so hard for something with little to no payback.. I would want it to end to. Why not let it tear itself apart rather than hit the button to shut it all down; leaving everyone confused as to why it stopped? 

Now even though I said all of this, I really don't think anything about it is good, nor do I want FH to go away from this. I'm just pointing out that Raz probably knows all to well how bad this idea is

Although this account may seem new, I would be considered a veteran of this game. Like everyone else before me has said, this is a bad decision. This could be the games end if anything, it's highly unfair to the community as well. It's bad the game has already lost hundreds of players, but this is just adding to the list of issues! And the fact that the staff didn't know about this is disgusting. What's the point of a staff team if you want to take all of the power?

^ Do you see that? That's 80+ people standing with the staff and saying that this is also a bad decision. If the plug is pulled, I will be devastated due to the past I have with it. I've made my closest friends over this game, people who I have traveled too to meet. I hope you understand this mistake you're going to let happen if it happens at all.

Alrighty, I haven’t actually commented on the site in years, but I believe I need to add on to the disgust everyone is feeling for this notion:

Do you have any idea how many petty people are actually on FH? There have been cases where new players have been blocked by entire groups, just for watching the RP, never saying anything, never approaching, just enjoying the story.

“Mod yourself” sounds a bit more like you’re giving a group of toddlers a stick of lit dynamite each to run around with, as well as knives, scissors, and any other object that could be potentially dangerous to themselves, as well as others.

In this case, YES—by all means—babysit this community. You are a member of the staff for a reason, and I can assure you that that reason is not to give people who would definately abuse this system incentive. I can assure you that when the mods return, if this is implimented, there will be no game to return to, as many loyal members will have been banned, all because of a “test”.
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline GroundZer0

• Forum Newcomer
  • Yelling sounds
    • kari-is-expl0ring
    • sorry-kari
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2018, 10:45:32 pm »
Hey man, I understand this solution may look good on the outside, but we truly do not need such a thing because it's not going to be taken care of properly. Not only is it unfair to those who suddenly get targeted for being blocked by a group of people for 'fun' but it's totally not cool to the mods who have spent so long working for FH and doing such an amazing job.
I'm not entirely sure what brought you to this conclusion, but please listen to the input of both your team (team isn't a single person in charge) and the people of FH who aren't convinced this method is the best. There's plenty of other pointers and reasons this could not be a very sufficient way of caring for the community. I'm most certainly sure that almost every game out there like this have mods for this very reason because we need them. Perhaps you could do a.... report system? Where people type into their inbox thing the exact reason they want this person banned and then it's up to your TEAM to decide the fate of a character instead of suddenly banning people who have no say in their argument. Even that seems to be a stretch, honestly, because the mods have done an outstanding job caring for the community in FH and other's have helped stop any harassment or cussing when they aren't around. This isn't something you can willly nilly set in, it's got to be cared for and agreed with by your peers.
Whether or not you listen to your community, it'd be wise to chat with your team because this is not a very good idea.
Thanks for listening to our input, and if you do decide to put this through, please make it fair. No one deserves to suddenly be kicked from a game they love and cherish over some stupid miscommunication or 'prank.' I've been on this game for years and have never had a problem with the community.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline wolflinklove

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2018, 10:49:07 pm »
As someone who has been apart of the community since February of 2012 and knows what it's like to moderate a large community:

This is not the way to solve any moderation issue.

This will tear the community apart completely. We all know that the FeralHeart community contains CHILDREN. This is not a 16+ community. If this happens, unnecessary bans will happen without warning because "someone said something that offended me" or "well I didn't like them" will become the sole reason of the bans. We need moderators in order to keep the community moving and to handle any issues that can get out of hand in the playerbase. They give up their time every single day to sit and watch over this community as volunteers. They are the glue in this community that keeps everyone and everything together, without them it will shatter.

Please, think about what has been said here Razmirz and reconsider this "idea", if you even call it that. This will only lead to FH's demise, trust me on this.

Offline Romeo

• Curious Wanderer
  • ????l
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2018, 10:50:33 pm »
Anyways lets press F for respects. RIP fh

Thank you!

Offline Duckei

• Forum Newcomer
    • duckei.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2018, 10:51:03 pm »

I hate to say this, but that pretty much voiced some of my final thoughts regarding this decision. The fact that Raz went behind the staff team's backs only goes to prove that this likely wasn't done with good intentions. Despite my current feelings for FH, I'd be disheartened if this was the way this game would go out, torn down by disrespectful people. I made a lot of good connections and memories here even with its ups and downs. I'm not gonna give up on it yet, but this is the worst setback I'll see FH face yet.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2018, 10:59:35 pm »

I hate to say this, but that pretty much voiced some of my final thoughts regarding this decision. The fact that Raz went behind the staff team's backs only goes to prove that this likely wasn't done with good intentions. Despite my current feelings for FH, I'd be disheartened if this was the way this game would go out, torn down by disrespectful people. I made a lot of good connections and memories here even with its ups and downs. I'm not gonna give up on it yet, but this is the worst setback I'll see FH face yet.

I agree. I'll be sad to see it go this way. Also had no idea you were around still Duckei, long time no see! I saw you left DeviantArt a little too late, so it's good to see you again.

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2018, 11:00:33 pm »
If anything, this community needs more moderators. I agree with everyone else's statements above, this is down right illogical. This game was mainly created for what.. Thirteen and up? but it is mainly children who reside within these servers. This block system would, as said, cause people to get banned for NO REASON AT ALL. This leads to a sour community and what happens after that? We fall apart like an old book that has been sitting on the shelf for too long.

This was once a thriving community with dedicated members and it appears we are still here. So why give up on us now?