Author Topic: ~Find Custom Rock Textures!~ -EASY-!  (Read 5288 times)

Offline MasiYumi

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Proud Gemini ^_^
    • BreyerKat
    • howtotrainyoureren
    • View Profile
~Find Custom Rock Textures!~ -EASY-!
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:43:35 pm »
It's so easy, even a noob could do it! ;D
No pictures until I find a way how to put them up :/
If you wanna get creative, find your favourite images (in size '512' by '512'!) to put on rocks and shapes!

Step 1- Go onto the internet and type in 'Rock textures' on Google, or something like that. Go onto images. On the left, there is a bar. Go down to the sizes thingie and type in '512' by '512'. Hit 'Search'.
Step 2- Find a rock texture that you like. Save it onto your computer. Doesn't matter were, just save it.
Step 3- Go onto 'My computer'. Then find werever you saved it. Right click the image and click 'Copy'. After that go to the 'C Drive' (normaly were FeralHeart is) and go to FeralHeart. Go to 'media', then 'objects'. Go to 'rocks'. There you will find all the rock textures. Right click an empty space, and hit 'Paste'. Your rock texture will be there!
Step 4- Right click your new rock texture and hit 'Rename'. Since there are 6 rock textures, rename it 'rockTex7'. But you are not done yet!
Step 5- Open up the 'rock' material file. See all the rock texture names? Thats how they show up in game. If those were not there then the textures would not work. Copy and paste this code into your rock material file. Replace all 'rockMat' names with the name of your new rock material. Don't forget to save it!

Code: [Select]
material rockMat
{
technique
{
pass
{
cull_hardware none
cull_software none
texture_unit
{
texture rockTex.jpg
}
}
}
}

Step 6- LAST STEP! Go on your FearlHeart game, then Tools, then 'Object maker'. Type in 'rock.mesh'. After that type in the name of your rock texture in the material box.Then your new rock mat is shown! :D

If you wanna get creative, find your favourite images (in size '512' by '512'!) to put on rocks and shapes!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:46:07 pm by Christina »

Find me in game as Captorlicious.

Offline Seam

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Re: ~Find Custom Rock Textures!~ -EASY-!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:22:31 pm »
Were neat, thanks a bunch!!!

Avie by Ramine <3 thank you

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: ~Find Custom Rock Textures!~ -EASY-!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 11:34:11 am »
Its a good idea for those who want to get creative (like me) i find it better than downloading heaps of textures. Heres a link to getting pictures up....

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=8658.0
Will be inactive due to work and exams.