Author Topic: Specific maps crashing for friends  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Glave

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • A 'Nerd' gone wild
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Specific maps crashing for friends
« on: April 21, 2012, 06:45:54 am »
Okay I will try to be as detailed with this as possible.
Situation: I have built and exported some maps for testing and such, but specific maps will crash. For example, three of my maps work wonderful but one specific map will constantly crash on my friend.

I have tried to figure out why this might be happening. Their computer is better than mine so no issue there. The map that crashes for them works fine for me, all of them do <or else I would never have sent it to them> I even tried making sure their files were placed correctly <one particular friend whose map crashes on them lives rather close so I personally checked where their files were placed> I tried making sure they had some of the items on their comp already to see if it could be that. I even tried dumping ALL other export things OUT of their exports Accept for the particular map that crashes and its needed fho's. Still did not seem to work. If anyone has some suggestions I can try I would love to see if I can get it working for them.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Tailz

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Tell me when I poof
    • View Profile
Re: Specific maps crashing for friends
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 07:34:20 am »
Your friends might be having a problem where they crash because they have two or more of the same file. Have a look at this link that expanses it and see if this is the problem.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=20736.0

Offline Glave

• Dedicated Supporter
  • A 'Nerd' gone wild
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 07:58:56 am »
No they don't have extra particles, I have checked that already as I am very familiar with those troublesome particle duplicates :)

Offline Tailz

• Tell me when I poof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:07:40 am »
Do they crash every time they go to your map or only when they first enter the map? Sometimes that happens to me when I go into a map I crash. All I do is relog and go on the same character and I can get in then. Have them try that.

Offline Glave

• Dedicated Supporter
  • A 'Nerd' gone wild
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:11:51 am »
I tried that also. <I got on their comp to trouble shoot it> It crashes with the 'Feralheart.exe stopped working' message when trying to get on that particular map so there was no bad tokens or anything that would allow you to re-log, it just crashes to desktop.

Offline Tailz

• Tell me when I poof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 09:06:44 am »
Well the only other thing I can think of is to delete the map and re download it.

Offline Glave

• Dedicated Supporter
  • A 'Nerd' gone wild
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 01:48:56 am »
I have re-loaded the map for them and it didn't work. I even re-exported the map. It continues to crash her game. I wondered if it was just objects/items clashing so I removed all their objects from the folder and tried to enter the map again, still no dice. I don't understand why she cant get on that one particular map :/

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 02:53:06 am »
I know I had this problem a long time ago with a friend's map. It turned out it was the weather making me crash. If your map includes weather, it could be a problem with the exported weather cycle. This is just a theory, seeing as I've no knowledge of the map you've created and its contents.

Offline Glave

• Dedicated Supporter
  • A 'Nerd' gone wild
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 09:23:59 am »
Yes I have friends who have that problem with the weather, unfortunately this map has no weather nor sky with it so its just the base map. Gah, just annoying that its not working and I can't see any issues with it on my computer because it works fine for me. :/

CloudFish

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:06 am »
Hm... Does the map include any/a lot of custom meshes that were downloaded? Have you suggest the terrains folder for the fhm. placement?

It could be that the server's needin' a reset.. Or the name of your map may mirror another.

Since its just one map, and as long as there's nothing drastically different from the four maps you've sent out, then it's probably the server buggie creeping in your map.