Author Topic: feralheart.exe has stopped working help please!  (Read 5367 times)

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Live well laugh often love much~
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
feralheart.exe has stopped working help please!
« on: August 31, 2012, 10:49:22 pm »
Ok so I got  FH and about 3 or 4 weeks after I had been playing it, it suddenly closed, when I opened it again it froze and this message came up:
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have tried everything I have found on the forums but nothing has helped, If anyone has anything that may help I would really apreciate it.

Offline 3

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • minghao is the most precious angel ever.
    • View Profile
Re: feralheart.exe has stopped working help please!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:52:00 pm »
This keeps happening to me to. I'm in the middle of an rp, then I freeze. I don't know what the problem is.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:32:09 pm »
When did these crashes begin happening, and when? During game start, login, changing maps? Or just while derping around in-game?

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline dragonsfire6543

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Haters. Going. Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 01:43:47 pm »
OMG! This keeps happening to me! Its been happening for about 3 weeks now. And when ever i double-click the FH Symbol it tries to start then pops up the FH Exe has stopped working crap. Im really upset that i cant download maps and i cant play on FH. Someone help me please!! I asked my computer expert step-father and he didnt know what happened to it! ;3; plz help me!!

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 05:00:04 pm »
Mine happened almost 3 weeks ago, we got the computer expert out but he could not fix it. Im really depressed because I cant get on it! It happened when I was RPing on FH, then I got FH+ for the better map maker, and a week later the same problem popped up when I was map making DX someone please help!

Offline CreamWolf

• OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 05:04:37 pm »
In the map maker, if you load a heightmap that's not 513x513 you will crash.
And, since you're crashing at startup, check your Objects and Particles folders. Delete any duplicates (files ending in _0, _1, etc.) if they show.

#BlameRingo

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 05:13:17 pm »
Something else that may have happened, is something is not in the correct file. If you were trying to download something, or export something, it may have gotten moved to the wrong file.

This may sound crazy, but delete your entire exports folder, then re-install FeralHeart. This has happened to me numorous times, and that is all I could do.

Also, if you put anything in your FH that has a material file of some sort (like a preset) make sure that is all correct. Sometimes, having the wrong file in a material will crash it.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline CreamWolf

• OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 05:17:39 pm »
Indeed. Oh, and if this started happening after you installed a mesh or object, it might be that. I've had to clean out my_objects once or twice due to this happening.

#BlameRingo

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 09:24:32 pm »
Thanks for the help, I had recently exported a map in FH+ as soon as I deleted it it worked again! But I dont use FH+ for RP because I cannot get into Flourite, I could not get FH to work even after I had gone over everything.
Just before it crashed I had been trying to download a bonfire into FH, (not having the FH+ map maker at this point) And I could not get it to work, and now I cant even get into the login page. I have deleted all of the files to do with the bonfire now and I had also been trying to get the waterfall in map maker,that failed too DX anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with my normal FH?

Offline CreamWolf

• OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 10:45:16 pm »
Seeing here you were messing with your map files... What exactly did you do, and where did you place the files? Sometimes it's best to backup anything important in your Media folder, delete it, and reinstall to a clean folder.

#BlameRingo