Author Topic: Lag...LaG!  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Bayo.Nettan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Floof~
    • View Profile
Lag...LaG!
« on: November 18, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »
I had an old big computer, and FH ran fine on it. Now that I got a new laptop, FH is lagging VERY badely. I have veiw and water turned of but it's not helping. Very mad that I might not be able to play this game anymore D:

JackobLoveu

Re: Lag...LaG!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »
Maybe it the members that in the serve with you. :/ or let just say ' A medium amount of members'
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:30:00 pm by Thrillex »

Offline Shadow13131

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:36:31 pm »
Sometimes Laptops do that, and like said, it may be the amount of people. try going in a less common map and see if it is less laggy.

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »
if what the other 2 said don't help with lag issues it could be the fact that your laptop has bad specs compared to your older computer. If you've went and gotten a laptop that doesn't have good specs to run the game your bound to get lag problems.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 11:50:24 pm »
@Gaara
Sorry if this is mean of me to say, but your answer wouldn't help probably for others maybe too, I'm just stating this BTW. Actaully, they are correct. The number of users on the server can cause lag problems; If you don't believe me, goto some maps, even on my fast computer it lags, but rarely it will. Laptops do tend to cause lag too. They are just not built like desktop. Ways to fix the lag is:
-Change view distance to a lower number.
-turn water reflection to OFF
-Delete any unused, junk, old files to save space.
-Delete Programs that are not needed.
-Don't download as much things, if do.
-Change computer settings to the best you can.
-Close programs, such as Skype, when not using it ATM.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 03:32:46 am »
@Gaara
Sorry if this is mean of me to say, but your answer wouldn't help probably for others maybe too, I'm just stating this BTW. Actaully, they are correct. The number of users on the server can cause lag problems; If you don't believe me, goto some maps, even on my fast computer it lags, but rarely it will. Laptops do tend to cause lag too. They are just not built like desktop. Ways to fix the lag is:
-Change view distance to a lower number.
-turn water reflection to OFF
-Delete any unused, junk, old files to save space.
-Delete Programs that are not needed.
-Don't download as much things, if do.
-Change computer settings to the best you can.
-Close programs, such as Skype, when not using it ATM.

Yes i do know that the amount of players in a map can cause lag. However Bayonetta did say that she has had to turn her specs down on her laptop because it was lagging. All i said was that her laptop specs might not be as good as her Old computers meaning there will be lag issue's since she's used to the older pc that runs it fine. Before i got my second new pc my old one was laggy around tons of players as well as object filled maps, however i was still able to have draw distance high as well as water reflection on. If it was just the amount of players in the map causing her to lag she'd be able to at least have these options on. It goes to show that her laptop mightn't be powerful enough. I got a new one and it smoothed out. No lag what so ever. What im saying is her older pc might either had better cpu compared to her laptop. My old pc was a dual core cpu. FH lagged. My new one has a better graphics card as well as quad core cpu. I think FH hogs the first core of your cpu. Since it does that you at least need a spare core. (Dual core.) However this will limit things you can do in the background. However since i have a quad core cpu i can run several programs in the background while FH is running on a LCD HD TV.

So yes i do know what i'm talking about SilverTW i've been building computers for a few years now as well as fixing my own if things go wrong. I know what to look out for.

Offline ZukoRocks!

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 09:28:41 pm »
i agree with gaara, she does know what she is taking about if your getting lag look at your specs, like she said our old pc lagged with alot of people in the map but as soon as we got a new one i have no lag on both pc's its the first thing u need to look at and cant blame it on the amount of people they will lag u but if u dont have good parts on pc or laptop it shouldn't matter which one u have, to know what specs u have for xp like on my computor in a blank place like properties and a box will come up and in the General tab it should tell u at the bottom what cpu and how much ram u have
mine is Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHZ
RAM is 3.00 GB of ram
for the rest of the parts u need to go into device manager right click on my computer icon and click on manage, u should get a box up on the side u should see device manager, look at processors if u have a Quad Core there should be 4
and display adaptors will tell u what graphics card u have. if u can find them please right them on here so we can see what parts u have for your laptop or if u can tell us the make of it that way me and gaara can find it for u and tell u if its the laptop thats causing the lag

one more thing i need to ask can u play other games on high setting like WolfQuest or sims 3/sims 2
zoo tycoon 2 on high or anyother game like skyrim, get down wolf quest and test the settings on single player, if u can only go on the lowest setting that could be the problem

if it was a new laptop junk wont be a problem because it would be a clean install of windows 7 or windows xp, u would only get junk problems and slow downs if u had windows installed for about a year thats when u notice it being slow. if i can find the make of your old pc and new laptop and campare them i might be able to help if i cant i also have a brother who could tell me because he works with pc's/ laptops fixing them and building them

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 10:06:20 pm »
Sorry for the rant but:

All I was saying is physical things that you could do, I was saying that it would not help others because what you said was just extending to one of their answers. Some people don't have the money to buy a new computer, noy only that but if worth it or not. Also, I never said that you did not know what you're talking about.

I have a FAST computer. I'm aware of about the RAM, graphic cards, and how they work together. I've been using computers since I was 2 years old. If I didn't know this, then explain why I'm able to understand how wires work and the computer's inside works to a advanced level? I'm learning how to be a coder & programmer, so I'd have to know the basics of computers to a advanced level, in which I do. I kmow how memory affects your performance, speed on the computer. I'm able to do this, it's just something in my disorder helping me do this. In a few years, I'll be like you at the computers, but, I'm learning so in the future, please don't assume I say you don't know your stuff, I was just explaining how it just was extending their info. At my age, I know coding to a basic to advanced level, I'm on level 14 on commodore 64, I also know my PC to a advanced level. So please. Thanks.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 10:20:57 pm »
Alright guys, quit your arguing over things like this ok? Help thread, bring this to discussion if you have issues with eachothers theories. Bayonetta, try some of the things everyone has said and ignore the other comments. SilverTW it was firstly wrong of you to go against what Gaara was saying in such a manner, it only causes arguments. Thanks guys and keep helping people but KEEP THE ARGUMENTS AND NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF OR BRING IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

You are amazing <3

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 12:17:53 am »
Bloo i wasn't arguing. I was just getting across that its not always safe to assume that amount of players are the cause of someones lag. Zuko was asking bayonetta to write down her computer specs so we could help her some more. Otherwise we won't know whats causing the lag until we at least know what type of laptop she has. If i was having a fight with someone over a forum it'd be far more aggressive. Which theres really no point in doing so, since i rarely argue over a forum anyways. so nope i wasn't fighting i was just saying that her laptop mightn't be able to handle the game altogether. Thats why i mentioned the whole dual and quad core thing. I was just giving my knowledge nothing more nothing less. Zuko was asking only bayonetta for computer specs thats all. I don't see how this is classed as an argument. I also don't see any negative comments on my side either apart from the part about i knew what i was talking about.
Bayonetta is basically saying she has a problem with FH running altogether.

Oh before i forget bayonetta if it is your laptop thats struggling to run FH try red's tutorial on how to make the game run more stable and faster.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11278.0

it might be hard to follow this but i'm sure red will answer any of your questions. if you get stuck.