Author Topic: Two Big Map Problems :( Please Help immediately!  (Read 1641 times)

Offline dawnmaloney

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Two Big Map Problems :( Please Help immediately!
« on: November 12, 2012, 12:13:06 am »
So, I made a new huge map for a group of mine. My boyfriend and I are the alphas. He is having a problem and so is our pup. Every time he gets on to his character that he ran into the map it gives him 10 bad tokens. He can't get it too do anything else. I logged onto his account from my computer and got in just fine. Any suggestions of what he might do to get it working? Ok, and the second problem is that my pup who downloaded and installed it with no problems plus got in is having object issues. Some dens aren't even appearing for her and others are like 3 sizes two small. We placed the .fho files in objects and even tried my_objects and it's not working :( Any help you could give on these two problems would be very very appreciated.

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Two Big Map Problems :( Please Help immediately!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:00:24 am »
1. Your friend's computer could be either old or too slow to work on your map due to the amount of objects (if you have a huge amount of objects). Does your friend's computer have any problems right now or in the past? You could help him know what's the problem with his computer or if the computer is too broken or old to carry on, try talking to him about getting a new computer.

2. About the object problem, try exporting your map again and ask your group to re-download/install the map after you give them a new link to your map's download.
Signature by Green

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:07:49 am »
Sometimes the bad tokens problem is unavoidable or occurs randomly. In one of the mod's maps alone I get at least 1 bad token every time before I can connect to the map... unfortunately since it seems like your bf is getting so many of them it might not be a temporary problem so he can try messing around with his game's video settings in the game's main menu under "options". From there tell him to set his settings like so:

Change your Rendering Subsystem between OpenGl to Direct3D9
Turn Anti Aliasing to none
Turn View Distance to 0
Turn Water Reflection to off
Often this will help and so I hope it will help for this situation.

As for the pup's object problem she may first want to try the same video settings switch I recommended for your bf above because when I downloaded a friends map I placed all the map files right but did not see certain items until I did the video settings switch. The pup could also most likely misplaced some files somewhere so tell them to check that all the files are like so in this order if they did not follow any "read me" file in case you didn't provide one:

FHM files go into FH>Media>Terrains
FHO files go into FH>Media>Objects
FHS/FHW go into FH>Media>Sky
Music files go into FH>Media>Sounds/Music
then restart the game

if that doesn't work then they might want to consider doing what Heartsgirl said. Just be sure that this object problem is not an isolated problem before you do so because if it is it could just be that she has some default file clashing with her object file.
Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:13:25 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline dawnmaloney

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:35 am »
My boyfriend got it too work but my pup didn't -le sighs- The dens are still tiny for them.

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 03:26:07 pm »
restating somewhat what lord said above;

the reasons for the tiny dens are because when you changed up the sizes and re-saved the objects, you must not have created custom groups. to fix this you will need to re-group your objects and more than likely replace them on the map itself.

when editing, or adding new objects via object maker to the game, you ALWAYS have to make custom group files. do not save the files into any of the object groups that come with the game.

Offline dawnmaloney

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:07:20 am »
I have them in a custom group called dens. I made that mistake with one of my first maps x.x

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 01:12:12 pm »
they might be interfering with a group that your friends already have called dens. since it is a fairly common name. tell them to reinstall the map, making sure to overwrite any files prompted, perhaps?

Offline dawnmaloney

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 05:45:26 pm »
I did and then I renamed, regrouped, and replaced them all as well. -le sighs- They really seem too hate her computer =/

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 06:46:17 pm »
It's probably possible that his computer capacity is a lot lower then yours. It's the same with my laptop and my giant computer that has all the Adobe stuff on it. Some stuff that I recommend is the things Lord brought up, and trying to clean out your computer of unwanted stuff might help clear out some ram. Trying to make the screen smaller helps me sometimes, and also trying to switch from the realistic version to more simple yet still ok. Turning off the water reflection should help big time
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358