Author Topic: ?.Books.?  (Read 5955 times)

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
Re: ?.Books.?
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 05:08:23 pm »
Oh! Speaking of books about talking cats, here's a REALLY good one.

It's a lot like Erin Hunter's Warriors series, but better (in my opinion).

It's not a series (only one book), but it's written on a grand, epic scale, hearkening back to the classics like Beowulf and The Odyssey and Watership Down. This was also published in the 80's, so this predates Warriors.

As cliche as it sounds, anyone who's ever read Warriors should read this, because this book needs more fans.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 02:47:08 am »
Chasing Redbird was a nice book.
 The Under-land Chronicles.
The Old Willis place.
Jurassic park (Both of them) Were great.
The Andromeda strain (If you like science stuff. Otherwise it might be boring.)
My Side of the Mountain.
The Black Book of Secrets.

Hmm. Yep, Ink spell and the Percy Jackson books were also good.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline kiarasBFF98

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Formerly KiarasBFF
    • View Profile
    • My dA
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »
I like the Warrior series, but I got this book set this christmas of an..interesting series. It's called Tiger's Curse. It's a mixture of adventure, fantasy, romance, magic, and beliefs. I was dubious at first, mainly because it's partially a romance novel. But its also adventury, and it reminds me a bit of Indiana Jones. It is focused on India, and it is about an american girl, and two tigers. I won't say anything more, in case you are interested. ^-^

Abomine, that book looks interesting. I will try and see of my school library has it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:06:06 pm by kiarasBFF98 »

Stunning avatar gift from my dear friend, Fao.

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 05:35:18 pm »

~All the way
(Kind of difficult to read though + the film plot was a lot different compared to the book)

Offline Abomine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 03:01:24 am »
I'm reading this book right now.

It's a lot like Watership Down, except instead of being about rabbits in modern England, it's about red deer in Medieval Scotland. It's pretty awesome.

And you have no idea how refreshing it is to see deer portrayed as tough, powerful, badass animals instead of timid, weak, sissy creatures that are always getting killed by wolves or humans.

My deviantART

Offline LasVagas

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Screw you guys, i'm going home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »
 The two books i adore is the series of unfortunate events. It's about three children who's parents where killed in a fire, and in their parents will, they have been left a huge fortune. But a greedy man wants to steal the fortune for himself and so in a 13 book journey, lots of unfortunate events happen that ruins their lives. Its not a happy book or one that has happy endings like most, but it can be amusing at some points, but i recommend it for 12+, since a few murders are involved. They where wrote by Daniel Handler, but his name he write's on the books is 'Lemony Snicket'

The next one is harry potter. Many people do not read the books because they are so long, but where would you think the film came from? I actually prefer the book's to the film, since the film leaves out allot of good scenes.

I love to read autobiographies. The ones i have read are mostly comedians, for example, i have read- David Walliams, Mirinda heart, Dawn french. People like that. They are for adults but i like to read about the people i see on telly.

Dooooooooood.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 04:39:39 am »
If you're into science fiction I have two books I know that are good. ^^
The first is The Goodness Gene and the second is The Supernaturalists.

If you don't like science fiction and prefer historical fiction I suggest reading All Quiet On The Western Front. It's very sad and gets very...descriptive...when it comes to the fighting parts. It's also very beautiful and shows how much war affects the soldiers and stuff like that.

A series that I particularly enjoy is the Eragon series, the books are a little long but the story is really good.

Offline catloversjt

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 01:16:20 am »
Well, I did much enjoy the Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling) and Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) series (Pfft, but almost everyone has already read those anyway now, right?), yet I did much enjoy 'UnEnchanted' by Chanda Hahn, and 'Prince of Wolves' by Quinn Loftis. Those are some epic books, dudes <3
"If you're considering suicide, you're not ending the pain. You're ending the opportunity for things to get better." (Brian Quinn)

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 02:02:24 am »
I LOVE reading, and I heave a few suggestions -

This is my ALL TIME favorite series. A group of teens discover that they have dog-like powers. Their mystery is mushed into one big mystery of why the island is so secret, and what happened to the girl who was murdered. The third book comes out in march

The "Tigers Curse" series is about 2 ancient Indian princes and brothers under a 1000 year old curse where they are stuck as tigers. They meet a girl named Kelsey, who is said to help them break the curse

And then the NightShade series, about wolves and such.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline Abomine

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 05:59:55 am »
I LOVE reading, and I heave a few suggestions -

This is my ALL TIME favorite series. A group of teens discover that they have dog-like powers. Their mystery is mushed into one big mystery of why the island is so secret, and what happened to the girl who was murdered. The third book comes out in march

That one looks pretty cool. I'll keep an eye out for it.

My deviantART