Author Topic: Presets?  (Read 3724 times)

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
Presets?
« on: January 01, 2013, 06:57:06 pm »
-Sigh- More trouble. Okay, so I Had a preset in the preset 4 folder. I deleted the files because I downloaded another preset that would only go into the preset 4 folder. I opened up the preset maker, went to export the new preset, and still found the old one. What should I do?!  :-\
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline -Rapid-

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Presets?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:58:43 pm »
Well first did you delte the preset.material file and replace it with the new one? If all those .jpg preset files are gone... then did you replace the material?

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:01:27 pm »
I did not delete the .material, only replaced it with the new one. Should I delete all things in the preset 4 folder and replace them again with the new preset?
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline -Rapid-

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 07:04:12 pm »
Yeah, you should probably do that. But when you downlaoded the preset, did you get it as Preset_4 or just as all the files like jpg and the material file? If you got it as the Preset_4 folder, then just copy the preset_4 folder, and replace it with your oringinal.

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:09:04 pm »
No, it's still not working...

And I got it as a .zip file, opened it up and there were a ton of files inside. I copied and pasted them in after I deleted the old preset files.
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline -Rapid-

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 07:15:27 pm »
Try pasting those files into another preset folder. Then go inside the material file and do this:

(I picked 5, you caqn pick any number you want.)

Click edit, replace. Find what: preset_4 Replace with: preset_5 (The preset number you chose.) and click replace all. (Sorry this picture looks horrible. xD

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 07:17:38 pm »
I-I'm sorry, I don't know what you did there...More details please? -Sniffle-

EDIT- I tried editing the .material file, but an error message occurred.   
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:19:42 pm by liontamer »
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline -Rapid-

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:23:31 pm »
Okay, go to a preset folder where you have not made any of your custom presets. Then, paste all of your downloaded pres3et files inside of there. Then, go into the new preset material file, open it with NotePad. On the top left you should see File Edit Format View Help. Click Edit. A drop down box should appear, you should see Replace on the drop down box, click it. Another box should appear that says Replace on the top left corner of it. There should be a Find what: and a box where you can type something in. Type in in that box next to Find what: preset_4.

Now, below it, should be a Replace with: and a box to type in. In the box to type in, put in preset_5 (Or the preset number you put the files in, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 1, 2, 3, 12...) Then click on Replace all. And then, click on File, Save. Now you can test that in the game. But not as Preset_4, test it as whatever preset number you chose. Got it?

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 07:28:38 pm »
And....No. I tried that and it is not working. e3e Thanks so much for your help!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:38:39 pm by liontamer »
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 07:42:42 pm »
And....No. I tried that and it is not working. e3e Thanks so much for your help!
How about this. Send me the preset you are trying to get to work and tell me what Preset folder you have that is empty and I will rename all of it for you (the way Rapid was explaining above) so that all you have to do is just paste the files into that empty folder.