Author Topic: Ask Genesis :3  (Read 3679 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Genesis :3
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 09:26:47 pm »
Lol yeah, we have those too x3 Most of them are just these huge maps that take forever to unfold and re-fold properly whenever we're on a road trip :P

But if someone asked /me/ to make one of those? xD Well I wouldn't know where to begin really! I'd probably just direct them to the nearest convenience store where they could purchase one. Or tell em to look it up on google maps!

Yep, those are the ones XD I wouldn't blame you. I saw a video on how those maps are made in a geography lesson ages ago and it looks to be really hard work.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

BouncyLion101

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 12:11:56 am »
Do you like potatoes?
What does your username mean? (Like what it means to you)
What is your most favorite thing to wear?
Where do you get inspiration for your maps?

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 01:46:03 am »
o3o Ohhh lots of questions!

I like potatoes in many shapes and sizes, just not raw x3 I like em fried and mashed the best :) Not so much boiled but it'll do. My cousin used to think that potatoes were taking over the world when she was younger xD

Some people think that I might have gotten my username from the Final Fantasy character, Genesis, but I choose my name as the book from the Bible. I've never been very religious, and of late have struggled coming to terms about if I do believe or not, but I've always been fascinated with the idea of creation, a new beginning, the start of something amazing. That is why I choose Genesis as my alias, and to this day I am very pleased with my choice.

My most favorite thing to wear is probably my sterling silver replica of the One Ring from the 'Lord of the Rings'. I got it for my 19th birthday, and I've never parted with it since. I've been a huge fan of the books and the films since I was a kid and I just love wearing it <3

I get inspiration for my maps from a lot of things, ranging from the nature I see around me and the music I'm listening to, to the films I've watched and the other games i've played. Stories play a big part as well, for example I took a lot of inspiration from 'Pans Labyrinth' when I was making the Underworld map a while ago. I also study maps that other people have made and try to emulate what I like in those maps within my own work. I drew a lot of inspiration for my Verto Animus map from the Carpe Diem map pack, and I think Delay is absolutely fantastic when it comes to creating 3D worlds. I find I'm always keeping my eyes open for new inspiration whenever I'm thinking about starting a map, and sometimes, when I see something like a picture or a bit of nature like a beach or trail I find myself thinking 'now that might be really cool to add into the map'. So basically it's just a jumble of stuff all mushed together to create the final project ^-^

Thanks for the questions Bouncy! :3

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 09:11:50 am »
What are your favourite kinds of maps to make?

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 08:07:39 pm »
I enjoy making maps that present a challenge, something new that i've never dealt with before. I love overcoming the obstacles of incorporating a difficult or tricky idea into the maps I make and finally seeing it through in the end. I don't really like re-creating maps again and again, like for example I did the Pride Lands map, and then I did a 'realistic' version of that, and although the two are profoundly different, because it was based on a similar subject manner I didn't get into it as much as I would have when designing a map I was more interested in.

I think I love creating maps with the 'realistic' base now, like the Verto Animus maps, but I enjoy adding in that flare of fantasy, it leaves it open for me to add wonderful things into my maps, and make them something more that what they would be if I just left them completely realistic.

:3

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.