Author Topic: How to Export and Share Preset via Mediafire (Old Way)  (Read 11513 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
How to Export and Share Preset via Mediafire (Old Way)
« on: November 25, 2013, 06:42:04 am »
How to Export and Share Presets for Friends to see via Mediafire (Old Way)

Ever wanted to show off your cool preset to your friends but didn't know how? Follow these easy steps and you'll be able to show your character in no time.

1.) I reccomend that you create a mediafire account at mediafire.com. The site is free and safe and is one of the easiest file sharing sites you can use for all your Feral Heart file sharing business.

Once you have finished up your preset as shown above you will want to export it not only so that you can access it in the character creator but also so you can share it's fhp file to friends so they can see you in your cool new preset. For the sake of this tutorial I will be exporting my Preset_2

Start off by opening up your game. Be sure that in the log in section that your user name is spelled exactly the way you registered it as. That means no variations of your name. Example: My name is MorbidDecadence not morbiddecadence. If you don't make sure to do that correctly then people will not see your preset regardless of having the file due to an error in the name. Once you have checked that select the "Tools" option:

From there select the "Preset Maker" option:

Once the preset maker opens look to the top right and select the "V" option. You should see a box in the middle of the screen that says your Preset 1 Preset 2 etc. Depending which preset you are trying to export you select it's corresponding number so in this case I will be selecting Preset 2. Once you select the number preset you wish to export select the "Export" option.

You will see some loading if you do it right. Once you've done this go to mediafire.com and sign in with the account you created. Once signed in you should see a screen like this:

Select the "Upload" option at the top and then select "From Computer":

A giant + shape will appear press that to start the process. Another window will pop up once you press the "+" and now you'll have to find the location of your preset's fhp that you exported to upload to the site. Follow along:

Press "Computer/My Computer"

Select your "Local Disc (C:)" in my case:

Select the "Feral Heart" folder:

Select the "Presets" folder:

Select the Preset that you want to upload. In my case I wanted to upload my 2nd preset so that will be the one with my user name MorbidDecadence_2.fhp.

Once you've selected your file click the green "Begin Upload" button

Once the upload is complete you can click where it says "Copy Link" to get the link to share with all your friends. Through that link they will be directed to your file's download where they can download your preset to see you in game :)

On a side note to make your life even easier you can go to tinyurl.com and with the link you copied of your preset's file you can paste it as so below and get a smaller easier to type url for your preset file download to share in game via the chat or your character bio:

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
Re: How to Export and Share Preset via Mediafire (Old Way)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:03:28 am »
Great tutorial Sura! I'm sure a lot of floofs will love this.~ Once again, great tutorial as always.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:32:38 pm »
Kool tutorial Lordy<3

So uh... The title says old way... Is there a new way..? xD

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:02:09 am »
Thank you! :)

So uh... The title says old way... Is there a new way..? xD

And yes the new way is via Raz's preset sync.

Preach

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 01:28:05 pm »
While I was helping a user, I couldn't resist myself from posing. Your tutorial is super helpful ^^ Thank you for making this.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 06:31:50 pm »
Oh I must have missed this. This is very helpful and I shall use it to help little floofs around the community if they bump into problems.
Thank you for making this, Sugarbutt. <3
RETIRED.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 06:48:38 pm »
Aww thank you both <3 I'm super happy that you guys find it useful and good cause it took me forever to do this thing xD lol