Author Topic: Duna's Bundle of Roleplay guides!  (Read 5818 times)

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
Duna's Bundle of Roleplay guides!
« on: December 28, 2013, 12:59:22 am »
How to make a basic Lion King Character (Simba and Nala)

Lionking is a popular movie with younger people. Many people sadly make neon Simbas and pink-maned Lions. So I have this guide to help make a basic Simba and a basic Nala.

Simba:Sadly many people make him bright yellow with neon mane. I am sure Disney would be sad to see all these people taking advantage of his creation. Simba golden with deep red mane. His height is between the middle and full. His muzzle, nose, and chin stay in the middle. He is heavy, but not stocky. He does NOT have any markings. I repeat, NOT have any markings! His eyes are dark red.
  Now about his personality. When I was in Bonfire, I once overheard a conversation that went a little like this.

Simba: walks around kingdom, making sure everything is safe.
Now he seems like a pretty good Simba. He looked realistic enough to me. Now watch what happens when a hyena comes.
Hyena: He trotted into the pridelands, slightly cautious.
(He has a reason to be cautious)
Simba: He charged the hyena, ripping it's throat out and clawing it's eyes.
Now, note the hyena did nothing, just came in. Your average lion/lioness would roar and charge a hyena, but unless they KNEW it would be dangerous to it's pride (killing cubs, stealing prey etc.) they would attack it. Simba from TLK would confront a hyena, but I have never seen him kill a hyena. Ok, some of you say in the battle of Priderock he killed hyenas. There is no proof. Does it show Simba clawing a hyena, or Simba tossing a hyena into the fire? It shows hyenas FALLING into the fire, but there is no direct proof Simba took a hyena's life. Simba is protective and wise, and would never take a life unless he knew it would be dangerous to let that creature live.

Nala: Nala is light brown with even lighter underfur. She has blue eyes and a light brown tail tip. She has no mane or tufts, unlike the males do. I will put up with elbow tufts, but if you put eyecover mane or side mane no. No. No. Now about her personality.. Nala is kind and protective of her pride. In the Battle of Priderock it shows a lioness swiping a hyena's face. It doesn't show Nala killing one though. We do know she has two cubs, Kopa (M) and Kiara (F).

How to create a basic Grey Wolf~ Step by Step

1) Log in as your FH User on the game
2) Click Create
3) Type in a name for your character, then click Canine
4) Do not touch Nose, Cheek, Forehead, Eyes or Ears
5) You may do anything to the Weist meter
6) Make the Height meter between the middle and full. The width must be lower than length and height. Length should be a little shorter than height.
7) Click II
8) Unless you want your wolf to have a shorter/thinner tail don't touch the tail
9) If you want a realistic wolf don't touch the Mane
10) Keep the ears normal, but if you want a battle scarred wolf scroll all the way down and get Ripped Ears
11) I advise you not touch the Tufts..
12) Click III
13) Have your eyes be Black
14) Don't have any markings, but if you want a battle scarred wolf scroll down and click Scar with all of them.
15) If you want a realistic wolf, SKIP IV
16) Make your main and underpelt the same. Greywolves come in many colors: Grey, Black, White(ish), Rusty, and a combination. You can choose any color you want. ALL GREY WOLVES HAVE GOLD EYES. I have had people with green, blue, violet/purple, white, and even red eyes. Unless it's a genetic mutation there is no way for a wolf to have those eye colorations. Above and Below eyes are the same with main pelt. The nose can be black, pink, or the same color as the pelt. If you have scars, the most reasonable color would be either pink(skin), dark red(dried blood). Tailtip is usually either darker, lighter, or the same as the Main pelt. If you are realistic, there should be NO wings to color.

How to make a realistic (warrior?) cat (Tabby, Calico and Siamese).

Tabby: Tabbies come in many varities of colorations. In warrior cats, there is tan with black stripes, grey with black stripes, silver with white-ish stripes, and orange with dark orange stripes. First do anything you want on I and II. Now the markings for Tabby. Stripes, Tiger, Tiger II, and Fading Stripes are all good for any tabby. Every tabby cat has a certain color for certain color of their pelt. Such as if you have a grey cat, it would be reasonable for you to have Black or darker grey stripes.

Siamese: Siameses are white or brown skinny cats with black paws, a 'mask' and a ringed tail. Choose the siamese markings! Purebreds will always have blue eyes.

Calico: Calicos are slightly harder because of their multiple colors of deep red, brown, white, and black. First, make your warrior cat base (Ears, eyes, body, and tail). Then get to the color section. Make your Main pelt Black, Dark red, or White. Under pelt is going to be either Brown or Black (Whichever you did not choose). Have the Spot marking (the big spots), and have them be any color in which you didn't choose.vYour eyes can be any realistic color. Above Eye, Below eye, Nose, and Tailtip are the same as the Markings, do Black, Darkred, White, or Brown.

How to advertise properly

--

Since General is no longer up, use Movie, whisper, or even Local. Just don't spam.

The best ways is to tell the properties of your group (New, Active, Literate, Warrior cats etc.)

If you see someone, don't demand them join your group. They might not join your group..ever

If someone asks you if your group has so and so, don't lie. If you say your active and nobody is on tomorrow, they are likely to leave and join another group.

Advertise in a popular place, such as Stonebridge, or N/Z tree. People usually hang out there, so there is a chance you will get some people.

If someone has a group with more people, don't yell at them.. no need to make enemies..

8 EASY steps to become literate

First, don't type so fast like your in a rush. If you are in a hurry, take your time. Typing fast just makes your typing worse.

Second, stop the text talk. You might like it, but trust me, nobody likes it. It is hard to read, and it shows you don't care how you type things. If you don't know how to spell something, don't text talk, just try your best.

Third, use punctuation, such as . ! ? " and so on. Punctuation is extremely useful in seperating sentences from speech and other sentences.

Fourth, be creative in your writing. Don't just type 4 boring sentences: He woke up. He walked outside. He killed prey. He ate the prey. Be creative! Add some details to your sentence!

Fifth, start capitalizing things. Don't type: henry nodded and walked outside. his clothes had dried from the storm. You all probably should have known this since 1st grade, but capitalize the beginning of a sentence.

Sixth, don't rush into strictly literate rps. Slowly climb the ladder. If you go into those literate rps, you would be like, "What did you just say?" "What does that word mean?" Start with rps that allow illiterates, then once you learn more, start joining semi literates. After you learn more, join literate rps!

Seventh, literacy is NOT just about big posts and big vocab. It is also avoiding powerplay, autohit, insta-kill, and god mod. That means don't kill someone on the first post by turning into a dragon and breathing fire on them.

Eighth, NO WOLFSPEAK! Wolfspeak is a huge No, No in the world of literacy. Wolf speak is basicly using words that don't even match the body part your talking about. Banner for a tail. It would be cool to have a flag on your tail, but still, it is wolfspeak. There is a topic in the Game Discussion thread that explains more about Wolfspeak, and all the words for Wolf-Speak.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:13:50 am by Dunastar »

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Duna's Bundle of Roleplay guides (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 01:00:02 am »
How to create a lion pride and lead it well. Step by step

First of all, advertise what you are. If you are active and semi literate, then you are active and semi literate.

After you get some members, find a spot that matches your pride's needs. Example: If you hunt rabbit, go to open plains. If you hunt some forest creature, live in the forest.

Get ranks. Get a second in command who is trustworthy and who you think might make a good leader.

If you want your pride to obey you, let them know you are in charge. Don't attack them, but if they know that you won't hesitate to punish them, then they won't step out of line.

Upon finding an enemy, you can either attack them, or ask what are they doing here. If they outnumber you, call your pride. If you are still out numbered, don't attack. Numbers don't win battles, but they help.  

If you find yourself in a battle, best thing to do is to target the leader. Taking out the leader usually calls for a retreat. After the battle, make sure your pride is OK. If you lose a pride member, it's ok to grieve. Even the bravest of members cry.

If your character dies, let your pride know, if they didn't already. You can appoint a new leader, or reincarnated yourself as new leader. But don't constantly die then become leader again and again. That is just power play.

If you are challenged, consider your options. What will happen if you lose? I don't care which option you choose, as longish think it is right. If you accept the challenge, you might have to fight. If it's a male lion, the throat will be hard to get to. Go for the shoulders, eyes, and nose. If you manage to go for the throat, hold on until he either dies or gives the safe word.

_________
How to survive a power player attack

Blocking him would be a good idea. But what if you wanted something interesting to happen, your choice. Here is how to survive a power player attack. It can be tricky sometimes, but usually not. A power player will try to kill his opponent any time you are are not posting. They will try to instantly try to dive towards your throat and try to rip it out. It could be hard dodging them as they say NO NOTHING!
 But stepping to the side could save your life for a while. Try to attack him. If your attack missed, just wait to attack him again. After you sidestep his next attack, go for a vital, such as heart, lungs, throat, or head. These areas are more 'fragile' then others. If you bite they throat, it could end the battle. This time, try saying no miss. I know it sounds immature, but he dodged your other attacks. If he is mature enough , the battle could end with you on the winning side. If he keeps on dodging, just keep on sidestepping until he gives up.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:44:21 pm by Dunastar »

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 01:00:47 am »
How to create a non evil character

Good: Usually when you think of a good character you think of a character that defeats the bad guy and saves the day. But there is more. Good characters are ones who will fight, but refrain from killing. They avoid inflicting any fatal wounds, as they find peace more appealing than evil. But sometimes this is not the case. You can have a good character that kills evil. In Warrior Cats, Firestar kills Scourge to save the forest. In Disney's Sleeping Beauty, Phillip kills Maleficent. Your character can be good, but if you want to be one of those 'Kills the bad guy' character, that's fine by me. Just make sure you know who is bad and who isn't.

Avoiding Meat eating characters when you are an herbavore

It is almost impossible to survive for a long time without getting eaten. But, it is possible to avoid them. First, if you are in bonfire island, keep moving around. Don't stay in one place, the predators for some reason target still prey. If a predator is seen stalking you, move a good bit away from them. If they are still hunting you, the best thing to do would be to ask them via OOC to stop, and you are not huntable. If they are still trying, just either block them or leave the map.

Battle techniques

Offensive moves

Bite - you clamp your jaws painfully anywhere on the enemy's body where it will hurt.

Claw - You swipe your claws or nails anywhere on the enemy's body where it will hurt.

Pin and hold - You hold the enemy down on their back OR stomach. Holding them on their back reveals to them your stomach and throat, same with the enemy.

Leap and hold - You leap onto the enemy and hold on tightly. You are able to bite to inflict more damage.

Crash - You stand your hind legs and come crashing down onto the enemy. This exposes your stomach, so be careful during this move

Belly Rake - Clawing the stomach will severely injure the opponent

Facial attack - Claw anywhere on the enemy's face with sheathed claws

Killing blow - Claw the throat with unsheathed claws. If you claw deep enough, the opponent might die.

Defending moves

Shoulder push - You push your shoulder out and tense up. This could deflect an unfocused attack.

Shove off - If you are pinned, shove the enemy off of you.

Backup - If the enemy lunges, back up out of his range

Side step - If the enemy leaps or lunges at you, side step out of the way.

These are just BASIC moves. There are many more out there, but I don't want to name them all..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:26:26 am by Dunastar »

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 01:26:56 am »
You may post now!

Offline DancingWithDeath

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I'm just a scenecore sparkledog lmao (P.L.U.R.!)
    • Mayahzdog09
    • myspace-dot-com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:35 pm »
Eighth, NO WOLFSPEAK! Wolfspeak is a huge No, No in the world of literacy. Wolf speak is basicly using words that don't even match the body part your talking about. Banner for a tail. It would be cool to have a flag on your tail, but still, it is wolfspeak. There is a topic in the Game Discussion thread that explains more about Wolfspeak, and all the words for Wolf-Speak.

Yes! I hate wolfspeak sooooooooooooooooo much! I also love pissing off people who love using wolfspeak.
If this post was made before June 2015, STOP! My views have changed since then.
Ingame as Mayahzdog09, DancingWithDeath, or Midnight 12!

Offline Howl at the Moon

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I may be a simple human, but I have a Wolf's Heart
    • View Profile
Re: Duna's Bundle of Roleplay guides!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:23:43 am »
Nice job!!! I love the battle moves, and I TOTALLY AGREE WITH NO WOLFSPEAK!

Offline TwistedView

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 06:33:20 pm »
Very well done!! I wish more members would come look at this, it has the potential to really help roleplay in feralheart.
~ Soup is my ultimate lazy food ~
-Sometimes I see people and I cant help but yell "BE MY FRIEND!!" That's okay.. Right?-

wolfdog01

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 06:51:23 pm »
I love how you give a little bit of everything, mainly the fighting moves and how to keep a pride going. Some of these are useful and I do plan on getting on a lion char today, I could use a lot of these tips.