Author Topic: Trouble opening FH/Crashing at the start  (Read 1381 times)

~Firepool~

Trouble opening FH/Crashing at the start
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:20:54 pm »
Hello :|. So I've been pretty blessed with having little to no major issues with my FH game since I registered back in March of 2012. However, it seems like my luck has run out. I went away for about a week, everything was working normally as usually. Upon returning back home, I attempted to get on the game and discovered that unfamiliar "Feralheart exe. has stopped working" pop up when trying to open the game.

I followed this handy dandy tutorial here to try and see if it would help me out.

After reading it over, I switched it to Direct3D9, restarted the computer afterwards so it could switch. I tried opening it again and it crashed at the start once more. This time however, it didn't even manage to get to the KovuLKD credit slide. There was just a black screen and then it crashed.

As far as I am aware, my computer hasn't gone through any major updates recently. There was an issue with the computer booting up about a month ago but even after it was fixed I was still able to open the game up. I did shut down the computer before I left as I didn't want to waste electricity while I was away. However, I've done this every time I leave for more than a day and this is the first time I've had issues regarding it.

My last resort would be to uninstall the game which is something I really don't want do to. I would be really grateful if anyone could try and solve this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:25:06 pm by ??i??????? »

Offline Goldilocks

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble opening FH/Crashing at the start
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:29:08 pm »
Greetings, Firepool. Those issues are most likely an issue with Feralheart's coding. Try checking your firewall, and see if your firewall's blocked it. Also check any antispyware software and see if that's blocking Feralheart. It could also be some junk software you've downloaded without even knowing it. I suggest if those don't work, making a back-up copy of Feralheart, and reinstalling the program. This should fix any codings/ blockage issues. ~Hope this helped.

Offline HakubiLee

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Weeping willow, won't you wallow louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 04:57:43 am »
I assume you've checked for duplicates in your particles? That's the most obvious thing, so I always check there.

You can uninstall it, and not do a clea re-install by not deleting the folder in your C: drive. Just uninstall from the control panel. This will keep your personal files there, but sort of "refresh" the CFGs and the coding files. You may have to re-install your markings, however, or any other CFG files you changed, but it is easy. I can gather the downloads you need for you, if you need me to. I know where most of them are.
I'm back to share art, and start roleplays!!

In-game I am HakubiLee!

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 07:21:44 am »
Try running it as Administrator, maybe?
If not, go to: Main Disk/C:/FeralHeart/media/practicles, and try deleting anything ending with _0, _1, _2, etc.
Example.
aura_0, aura_1, aura_2, etc.
Good luck, my friend! ;)

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!