Author Topic: Is Feral Heart Safe to Download/Run?  (Read 9808 times)

Offline LethalThorn

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Is Feral Heart Safe to Download/Run?
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:56:37 am »
First off, if this is in the wrong place, sorry, I haven't had to use the forums before. *Please don't hate on me or tell me a million times that it is, I've seen it before and it ain't helpful in the slightest*. So I have Feral Heart downloaded/installed, *Truly don't know the difference, definitely not tech-savvy ;-;* (If you could explain the difference to me in a way I could actually understand it, I'd luff you forever), and I trust it and all that, but my friend is reluctant to download/install/run it because last time she tried to download/install a game, she got a huge virus and it almost destroyed her computer. I'm only asking because I've had to re-download/re-install FH a couple of times, and on and off, Google Chrome has given me a "This file is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it" notification *Very frustrating, forces me to go to Internet Explorer, the horror!*, and I've run both Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Scanner multiple times (Link to it below), and they've come up clean, but I'm afraid that it might not be, just of that notification. **Thanks for taking the time to read my incessant ramblings or for responding, if you do**

Microsoft Security Scanner: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
S???????s ??? g???a ?a?? ??a? l?ap, a?d ????g? ?? ?a? ????, a? l?as? ??? g?? fa????? ??a? ??? ???ld ?av? ?f ???'d j?s? j??p?d.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Is Feral Heart Safe to Download/Run?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:06:46 am »
This is very simple to solve! I'd be happy to explain. FeralHeart is in no way unsafe or(as the computer says) 'malicious'. People OFTEN run into this problem- and it can be scary. But me and all other happy FeralHeart members can assure you that Feral heart causes no computer problems. I'm no expert on Chrome security scanners, but I'm sure you'll be able to unblock or deactivate the scanners while you download FeralHeart. The problem your friend had most likely has nothing to do with FeralHeart, or maybe she had a computer crash because of an old computer.

Never fear! As I said this problem and question comes up a lot. But I can assure you, FeralHeart IS very safe indeed. Good luck!~

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:45:36 am »
Fh is just an usual file, so sometimes it gets blocked. As long as you download it from this site, it will be perfectly clean, I assure you.
Also, when a program is downloaded, it means the files are on your computer, nothing more.
When a program is installed, it means it is downloaded, and all the files are set up and working. Normally there is a setup thing you have to go through to have a program installed.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline saffron

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • formerly cubbythecub!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 02:50:10 pm »
Of course it is, hun. It isn't malicious, people are easily fooled by that false alarm- It doesn't cause any problems, promise to my little cub heart! It is very safe, you'll see. Sometimes it may crash at times, but that means that Red, or Redlinelies is updating it or cleaning it.

Happy Feral Hearting!

~CubbyTheCub, cublover
im more active on my deviantart, http://rainbows-are-sad.deviantart.com/

signature picture by hakumi : DD

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 03:32:33 pm »
Like others have already said, FH is completely safe, and does not come with any viruses or anything that would potentially harm your computer. Chrome just does this since it hasn't got a high enough positive rating in regards to whether the download is safe or not, for some odd reason. :P T'is very derpy, and kind of annoying since you have to go onto another web browser to download it but I can certainly say that the download is safe.

Also, the difference between downloading and installing. Downloading is where you're basically making a copy of a file from the internet, onto your computer. Whereas installing makes a software ready to use on your computer, aka moving all the files into the correct folders and places on your computer so that it'd work.
For example you could download a set up for a game, but it wouldn't work until you've installed the set up 'cause otherwise it won't know where the files should go for the game to work. Hope that makes sense, I'm not the best eat explaining xD
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 04:31:24 pm »
Yes, Feralheart is indeed safe to Download and run.It all comes down to your computer/laptop if you will recieve lag or some glitchy problems. FeralHeart itself is fine, but sometimes your computer will run slow on it. Sometimes, I'd have to re-download FH because of a glitch that happens on my laptop, but honestly for the 3 years i've had it its never sent a virus or hack in my laptop. :)
I own a sony vaio.
~
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline frealhearts11

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 06:40:44 pm »
I ran into this today.
I was going to ask the same question,
so thanks people who answered this :)

Offline darkangel21

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 05:16:16 pm »
I still don't know if I can download ;-;

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 05:24:02 pm »
Please refrain from bumping old threads. If you have any questions that you cannot find answered through the Game Help boards, create a new thread or contact a member of Staff.

Thank you -- Locking this

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone