Author Topic: Opinions About Modding your Games  (Read 1634 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Opinions About Modding your Games
« on: July 12, 2014, 07:11:45 pm »
When it comes to modding games, for me it's about what game it is and what the mod does.

For FeralHeart, I'm fine with modding like new music, HD textures, and all that :3 I love it.

Another game I have on my computer is Skyrim, and no, I don't particularly like modding it (Not including DLC, I love that stuff). The only mods I like are the ones that add new spells, or the one that makes children in the game non-essential (That sounds creepy but trust me, the kids in the game are so rude and annoying). I also don't like it when people mod Skyrim to look like a tropical wasteland. For me it ruins the feel of the game.

What games do you have on your PC, and would your want to mod them or no?

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions About Modding your Games
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:18:40 pm »
Really the only games I ever get mods for are Feral Heart and the Sims 3 (which isn't even that often).

Personally, I absolutely love mods.
It just makes your gaming experience so much more unique and it's cool to see the different gameplay possibilities of it.
Like FH for example, because of mods, my in-game view is always completely different than that of another floof's in-game experience. It's just a cool thing to personalize stuff.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline DuskWolfy

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 08:59:57 pm »
I personally enjoy mods, depending on the game of course.

I've only modded two games which are MineCraft and FH. On MC I added the Mo' Creatures mod and Too Many Items simply because it makes the game unique and fun for me. Now as for FH, I've only done fur texture mods. I like how the textures make my characters unique looking.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 02:28:16 am »
I've also got Skyrim, and nearly 100 mods installed - although I don't use them all. Personally I do enjoy modding, however though I don't like mods that change the theme of a game... or just changes it too much so that it's nothing like the vanilla version.

Just minor additions to the game is all; spells, weapons, graphic and texture enhancements. I recently downloaded a sweetroll store! xD ... The "non-essential kids" mod I have also, no more Braith in Whiterun cx

I've modded my Minecraft game with a "more biomes" mod as well as Mo' Creatures and Jammy's Furniture mod.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:12:21 am »
Ah, I can relate to you, Ingredient. Weapon mods and new textures are also okay with me :3

And hooray! No more Braith! 8D

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 08:04:13 am »
Modding is an essential part for any long lived game, those games developed with modding in mind usually tend to sail for a longer time, while other titles die out more quickly. FeralHeart is a good example too, if we weren't able to make GUI's, texture mods, marking packs, sound mods and what not, I'm very confident that we wouldn't have half of the userbase we have today.

I do enjoy seeing devs that are very open minded towards modders, something Valve does very good. If you guys know Portal, as far as I heard it started out like a fun Half Life2 mod. Garrys Mod is another example. There's many more titles that started out just that way.

Personally I like graphic enhancing mods and Co-op mods for games if they exist.
Former community manager of FeralHeart