Poll

-

-
3 (75%)
-
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Noobs and new members: Reject or Accept?  (Read 6800 times)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Noobs and new members: Reject or Accept?
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 05:01:53 pm »
I'll move this to the Game Discussion Board since it seems more appropriate there.

Just a heads-up for the future, if you're going to add a poll to the thread, please provide options to choose from, or see that the poll is relevant to the topic.

Thanks for the heads up, but I think this belongs to both game and forums discussion because new members appear in both the game and forum. And I didn't want to add any options/questions.

You're right, this is a community discussion which means it could either be in Forum or Game Discussion.

But do keep in mind that our little Mod in Training is still learning, so in this case we don't really mind if it is moved. Even though it could have stayed in one place, she's only trying to do good and go with her gut feeling.

She does know now that Community threads like these (that don't have a specific topic to either Forum or Game but is related to FeralHeart) can stay in one place.

She's still learning and is doing really well so far, a little move like this won't harm anyone~ :)

Of course, I didn't mind at all. :O Mistakes are mistakes, everybody does them.

Offline Lilithnyx

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Life is the Dance and you are the Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 04:42:08 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I am a new member and and very excited to be apart of the FH community. It's been a week so far and I absolutely love this game and most everyone who I've met is very kind and helpful. I've been trying to figure out how to download texture packs/items/presets for mac and it's confusing but members have directed me to the right webpages.

That aside, I believe it really depends on the maturity level and politeness of the player themselves. As a new player, I try to not act like a n00b and remain polite. That goes a lot farther in general, especially if you want to rp with others.   ;D

Fae

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 04:56:51 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I am a new member and and very excited to be apart of the FH community. It's been a week so far and I absolutely love this game and most everyone who I've met is very kind and helpful. I've been trying to figure out how to download texture packs/items/presets for mac and it's confusing but members have directed me to the right webpages.

That aside, I believe it really depends on the maturity level and politeness of the player themselves. As a new player, I try to not act like a n00b and remain polite. That goes a lot farther in general, especially if you want to rp with others.   ;D

Fae

Hello Fae, new member? <3 Well welcome to the community, it's great that you have met people that directed to the right pages and you made new friends. Even though you are a noob, you don't really need to care if people say something bad about the creativity of your wolves. No level of creativity is bad, it is just the minds of people who get confused when they see the 'bad one'. ;)

But overall, you are correct. Maturity and politeness is something everybody should have in order for people to accept them.

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 10:08:15 pm »
I try to be equal and understanding, as I know that many new players come from the browser game Animal Jam, and think that the way you act on FeralHeart is the same as Animal Jam. I, as a new player, was that newbie. What I hate is when no one tells them that they have a bio for saying what they are, and when the newb tries to get adopted as a pet. I met someone earlier in Ficho trying to get adopted as a pet, ignorant that many people in FeralHeart don't adopt pets on their characters, unlike people on Animal Jam. It's very annoying.

Newbies are only shunned because they are coming from games that have a different "culture" of sorts, where things are very different and players act in a different way. They just need to learn what things we accept in FeralHeart, and what things we tend to ignore. For example, I'm going continue with Animal Jam as I'm familiar with the game, it's acceptable for a Warrior Cat roleplayer to wear a sword and a fox hat. In FeralHeart, Warrior Cat roleplayers tend to look over groups that let the players wear items of any kind, and view those groups as unrealistic. Another thing different from AJ to FH is that there are a lot of people roleplaying different animals, such as deer and rabbits. In FH, there aren't too many deer or rabbits.

My point is that we only shun new players because they just don't know how players on FeralHeart roleplay, what kind of character designs are viewed as realistic, or even how to make their bios, because they're new and might not have explored all of FH's features. If we could understand that they just don't know and accept new players, and teach them what they need to know to have a good time, we'd all just get along better. Wow, I sound like a hippie, XD

Offline hcj2000

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I am what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 08:07:02 am »
I would definitely accept the new member cause come on for those who are mean to newbies give them a break you were once one too ya know help them out and teach them what you have learned don't be rude and think your better than them cause your not you have just been playing this game longer
We are all perfectly imperfect don't let anyone decide who you should be just be yourself if someone calls you a mistake thats ok cause none of us are perfect

-WhereSunRises-

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 04:40:33 pm »
I gladly accept new people and even "NOOBs"! I used to be one too before! :) Much also depends of how player behaves, drama makers are ussualy ok with me but much is much and those who totaly ruin the roleplay are ussualy told by me to stop. Ive seen even newbies who were rude to more experienced players, those were also told to behave better :) I dont have problems with them and I like to watch how newbies will become real, experienced players :)

Offline Infinity117

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • i don’t use this anymore. thanks for the memories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2015, 12:56:21 am »
I mostly accept them as I love helping newbies, especially the ones on Lagfire who can't find their ways around or can't figure out the controls. It really pisses me off when they're rejected, though, because I think I was rejected as a newbie [oh my god, that was such a long time ago] but I don't particularly remember.
i don’t play FH anymore. thanks for the memories!

if you knew me in-game, hit me up through the messaging system. maybe i’ll see it.