Author Topic: Wolfspeak  (Read 8098 times)

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfspeak
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 08:26:01 pm »
Please don't get me ranting. Going to try and not let myself go on for ages.

Wolfspeakers, based on the way they use these words (which is almost always incorrect), are the dictionary definition of illiterate. I've tried to roleplay with someone who uses wolfspeak, and when I politely asked them to use simpler words that make more sense, her reply was that those words made her feel more literate. Safe to say I left that group. I highly dislike wolfspeaking, and I find it difficult to understand.

I'll just quietly put here the worst offenses in my opinion:
Banner = tail
Pillars = legs
Orbs/pools = eyes
Lanterns = eyes
Pedestals = paws

What do you think your character is? Some type of Roman architecture?

If wolfspeaking is your thing, go ahead and stick with your crowd. I just find it difficult to understand.

Yes, I understand that kind of frustration. As I said before though, many people who use the full "vocabulary" of Wolfspeak tend to use mixed and butchered Latin words to form what they think ends up being a literate, fancy, and defined phrase. In the end however, this is in fact completely illiterate, and proves just how little attention they spent to search up actual words with the proper definition of a phrase they wish to replace. I for one use such words that only make a post seem more creative and poetic, as Sura put it xD but I do not use phrases that would completely diminish the term I wished to rephrase. If I did see someone use words as Pedestal or Lanterns however, I would not know what they were referring to. To sum up typically, I only tolerate Wolfspeak when they are basic and simple words, that in the end, despite their definition, allow everyone to understand the post.